HSI Secondary Snapper Cleaning Tips (2 Viewers)

I afraid that the chemical that works In completely wiping this issue out with minimal effort...is also going to be the type that hurts the chip. :cry:

Yeah, if someone put the chips as-is into play it would be horrible for their table and other chips.

There was a pic in the mail pron thread where someone mixed up the barrels in the box that the snappers came in (alternating barrels), guaranteed the other chips have exposure now too.
@horseshoez @davislane @grantc54

Hey not to totally freak out everybody that purchased ANY HSI chips - but, you're right!
This stuff is not only on the snappers.

20210303_212751.jpg
20210303_212811.jpg
20210303_212835.jpg
20210303_212845.jpg

20210303_212935.jpg
20210303_212940.jpg
20210303_213012.jpg
20210303_212857.jpg

I purchased a small cash set of $1's/$5's/$25's/$100's - no snappers - and I have the crazy fluorescent stuff all over!!
Who said they were sending out a sample to test this to identify what it is?

I've played these HSI chips at a friend's 2-3 times and have not played on my table with them. I'm afraid to see his table under a black light.
At home, there are hand prints/fingerprints on my poker chairs and side tables, on the rug where I racked some of these, on all the chip boxes they came in and all over the case I have the chips stored in.

You can't brush it off the chairs or rug, it's like dried paint. Is this a form of dust?

HOW TO CLEAN?

Hey not to totally freak out everybody that purchased ANY HSI chips - but, you're right!

View attachment 648562 View attachment 648563 View attachment 648564 View attachment 648565

View attachment 648566 View attachment 648567 View attachment 648568 View attachment 648569

I purchased a small cash set of $1's/$5's/$25's/$100's - no snappers - and I have the crazy fluorescent stuff all over!!

I've played these HSI chips at a friend's 2-3 times and have not played on my table with them. I'm afraid to see his table under a black light.
At home, there are hand prints/fingerprints on my poker chairs and side tables, on the rug where I racked some of these, on all the chip boxes they came in and all over the case I have the chips stored in.

You can't brush it off the chairs or rug, it's like dried paint. Is this a form of dust?

HOW TO CLEAN?
looks like everything needs to be forensically cleaned.

Curious of this will happen with the new JACK secondary chips. If not can maybe be attributed to the oil can shipping containers.

1) First and foremost, whatever this yellow shit is, it’s a nightmare. I almost feel like something containing a yellow dye was directly above where these chips were stored and it leaked all over them. It’s some of the most stubborn stuff I’ve ever seen.

This color, almond, and about 2 or 3 other colors have this issue. It is some sort of oxidation with an ingredient that they use to make those colors. I've seen it in brand new color sample sets and some of them AS snappers started to have this issue later on, not as bad though.

Luckily I kept these diseased f’ing things in the same spot, the folding table used for ultrasonic cleaning. Luckily any HSI’s that I handled for reshipping purposes were kept in the box they came in.

That would be me. I’m seeing him tomorrow or Friday so he can have it tested out.

You guys make any more progress cleaning? I’m finding the 1a’s and primary 5’s are pretty clean out of the box but the 25s are leaving behind a ton of residue when I wiped them down with just a damp cloth with a bit of dawn. Probably gonna have to scrub them harder and let them soak a bit I guess. The residue on the 25s doesn’t seem to be the same kind of yellow film that’s on the snappers.

The snappers aren’t leaving as much residue behind as the 25s but the yellow is still coming off if I wipe them with a damp cloth.

Well more evidence that it’s a pink chip thing. These are the watermelon Cherokee under blacklight (sorry I think the LEDs are too intense)
A9C91AF1-6273-4642-9E5E-B2D615BFF97D.jpeg

PSA this is a box that has Lady Luck $25’s (interestingly the HSI 1As didn’t show residue)
C561CA48-4B9E-4A25-A34D-B2FDBD03CEEF.jpeg

PSA this is a box that has Lady Luck $25’s (interestingly the HSI 1As didn’t show residue)

You can see that here too on the HSI secondary $1 chips.
1615573013885.png

I assume that's because they were not mixed into the same barrels as the snappers.
I was thinking that the fluorescent dye transfer happened to the other HSI's when they were mixed in the transport barrels?

You can see that here too on the HSI secondary $1 chips.
View attachment 654625

I assume that's because they were not mixed into the same barrels as the snappers.
I was thinking that the fluorescent dye transfer happened to the other HSI's when they were mixed in the transport barrels?
Yeah the 25s seem to have the bulk of this powdery residue. Not sure if it’s something in the 25’s color formulation that causes it to react to the blacklight or if it’s some kind of residue from somewhere else.

This color, almond, and about 2 or 3 other colors have this issue. It is some sort of oxidation with an ingredient that they use to make those colors. I've seen it in brand new color sample sets and some of them AS snappers started to have this issue later on, not as bad though.
I have the same issue with the pink edge spots on mint AS $1's. I was able to get most of it off with a magic eraser but can't imagine trying that with racks of these HSI chips. Time will tell if it just comes right back. My guess is it will if the cause is oxidation. Perhaps oiling immediately after cleaning can slow it down or stop it.

Last edited:
I have the same issue with the pink edge spots on mint AS $1's. I was able to get most of it off with a magic eraser but can't imagine trying that with racks of chips. Time will tell if it just comes right back. My guess is it will if the cause is oxidation. Perhaps oiling immediately after cleaning can slow it down or stop it.

I just realized I said AS snappers, but I meant the pink spot on the AS $1.

I am progressing very sloooooowwwwwly
now i use pre-bath with pure soap before ultra sonic bath it remove a lot of yellow (see my glove)

for the moment i don't use magic eraser to preserve chips

IMG-20210307-094448-W.jpg

IMG-20210307-101034-W.jpg

result:

IMG-20210320-091715-W.jpg

IMG-20210320-091656-W.jpg

Very nice results! What exactly to you use in your ultra sonic cleaner?

eco dish, soap this one exactly.
i made a lot of passes and i reverse the chips regulary.
also i put a lot of pure dish soap on the edges with hands.

71mgCvnyNTL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Seriously anyone sick of cleaning chips? I had a few labels get impacted by cleaning and my desire for there is not to murder (for once) so if anyone has I cleaned that they want to sell hit me up.

View attachment 648562 View attachment 648563 View attachment 648564 View attachment 648565

View attachment 648566 View attachment 648567 View attachment 648568 View attachment 648569

HOW TO CLEAN?
Is there an update on this? I just ran my black light and pretty much have the same issues, the fluorescent stuff is all over my cases, fingerprints, smudges,etc. It seems like it’s coming from the secondary 25’s? Is there a way to clean this this stuff off cases? Just towel and scrub?

Is there an update on this? I just ran my black light and pretty much have the same issues, the fluorescent stuff is all over my cases, fingerprints, smudges,etc. It seems like it’s coming from the secondary 25’s? Is there a way to clean this this stuff off cases? Just towel and scrub?
@horseshoez was going to try and identify it with a chemical test to see whether is was a brightening agent/dye, etc...
Soap and water didn't budge it from my chip case or carpet/poker chairs, etc.

@horseshoez was going to try and identify it with a chemical test to see whether is was a brightening agent/dye, etc...
Soap and water didn't budge it from my chip case or carpet/poker chairs, etc.
I sprayed some Windex on my case and it helped a little. Especially on the unfinished cheap aluminum case. The Versa case though had little effect.
A12EC707-94DD-4346-86F5-C32979BD1853.jpeg
9E9F650D-BC4F-4B11-955D-0E45399A21E6.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom