How'd You'd Get Your User Name? (1 Viewer)

UW85

Pair
Supporter
Reaction score
I just started a companion thread "How You Got Your Avatar" (HERE)

But this is about What Your User Name Means? Or why you selected it.

Me? Went to University of Washington & grad year.

Last edited:
My user name came from the Will Ferrell movie Anchorman. When he first meets Christina Applegate's character he tries to impress her by saying that his house smells of rich mahogany and that he has many leather bound books.

So, Rich(ard) Mahogany :D

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

As a side note; my "location" comes from the TV sitcom 30 Rock. Jerry Seinfeld guest stars in one episode and there's a gag or two about countries that only rich people know about. Since my user name is "Rich" Mahogany I used the two fake country names.

I picked my username, because it's what I want to be called..."Boss". I'm a entrepreneur, and I picked a username that would represent that. I also like how it sounds.

i play in a poker league and the last 2 years I am out on the BUBBLE 70% of the time

This forum name is just something I use that is easy to remember. But I will talk about my online poker name (FanOfPhil). I want people to think it is Hellmuth, because for some reason that makes people want to go at me. But it is actually Ivey. Cheesy I know...

Well, my username is pretty randomly picked to be honest.

I like cats and I´m a guy...ergo SirPurr;)

I seem to like very high end chips. However I am a bargain hunter so they rarely become available at a price I think is decent enough to buy... so I get a bad case of chip envy when I see some of the pr0n that is out there. Don't get me wrong, I love my chips, but every time I see a set of Olivia's or a set of CP's like the OP's... The chip envy kicks in!

I seem to like very high end chips. However I am a bargain hunter so they rarely become available at a price I think is decent enough to buy... so I get a bad case of chip envy when I see some of the pr0n that is out there. Don't get me wrong, I love my chips, but every time I see a set of Olivia's or a set of CP's like the OP's... The chip envy kicks in!

What do you mean exactly? :)

photokem.jpg

To be honest it's just a slight variant on my real name. It's just different enough that people will probably not realise it is me but close enough that they would realise if I told them. Nothing special really.

Saw is an acronym of my name. Scott Andrew Walsh and 28 is my favourite number after the brute Tie Domi of the leafs.

I've used this username for about 20 years. Sometimes I used variations of just Racer or |Racer| (The | symbol is called a pipe, and so I was Racer between the pipes, I play hockey, and am a goalie.)

I used to race cars back when I first chose the username, and my most used number was 96, as it is the same right side up, or upside down.

Now, I've been recognizing some people on this forum, but have noticed name changes (hey couga!) and some people look/sound familiar, but I can't quite place the old nickname......

Mike

Mine is pretty obvious so ill just leave it at that. :)

What kind of cars did you race? About 12 years ago I had an 1987 Grand National. Bought it with 12k miles on it. It was mint and bone stock. I did a few common upgrades to it; injectors, downpipe, exhaust, and eprom aka chip. Was a great car to drive.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

My usual name on forums (DaveC...quite boring) was taken when I first registered on another poker site, and I needed to come up with a name. I'm Canadian, and I love beer. Seemed like a good fit at the time.

p5woody - nothing too crazy

woody - The Woody part was easy, I have had this nickname since grade school. My last name is Woodworth and as soon as I started playing sports all the coaches called me Woody. Most of my friends still call me Woody.

p5 - I was signing up for an email account and I had just finished reading an article about the Pentium 5 (P5) processor (This was back in 1993 I think). Every combination of my name was taken at the time so I had to find something unique. Since I had just finished the article, I tried p5woody and p5woody was born.

For the past 20 years I have been able to use p5woody for everything, so I guess it is unique enough.

My body is made up of 99% cheese. Actually I just love cheese :)

What kind of cars did you race? About 12 years ago I had an 1987 Grand National. Bought it with 12k miles on it. It was mint and bone stock. I did a few common upgrades to it; injectors, downpipe, exhaust, and eprom aka chip. Was a great car to drive.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

I started racing when I was 7 years old. It was a type of car called a quarter midget (think go-kart with full roll cage and body.) running on a paved oval. I did that for about 11 years (including 1/2 midgets)

I then moved up to racing mini sprints. Similar style car but with a wing on the top. Running on clay ovals. Did that for a few years, and then it just got too expensive.

Some days I wish I could get back into racing. Then I think about how many poker chips that would buy ;)

Mike

Everyone called me Chanman in high school and Univ. The username Chanman is taken half the time, so I just added my first name. Here I strayed from my usual user name of TonyChanman. I'm not actually why I did here... On pokertableforum.com I wanted to change it so that people who Google my poker table site don't get redirected to my poker table building forum and decide to build their own table rather than buy one from me :p Of course if I ever get requests for info on how to build one, I just refer them to the forum.

Used to live in a town called Wittenbach. 10 years ago an online soccer manager game was very popular (hattrick.org). I gave my team the name FC Witti. I did pretty well and people around me were calling me Witti in real life. My username is now either Witti or MrWitti.

174342.GIF

Used to live in a town called Wittenbach. 10 years ago an online soccer manager game was very popular (hattrick.org). I gave my team the name FC Witti. I did pretty well and people around me were calling me Witti in real life. My username is now either Witti or MrWitti.

View attachment 492
Have lived in Switzerland too, nearby Zürich. Where is Wittenbach?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom