How Would You Solve this Scratch-Off Ticket (1 Viewer)

chkmte

Flush
Reaction score
297-146656-049-1.jpg
297-146656-049-2.jpg

I've run the math and this particular ticket has about a 34% house-edge. Like any state-sponsored scratcher, it's a bad-bet. But, what if you could beat it? I'm interested in hearing how you would go about seperating the winning tickets from the losing tickets - without actually scratching the ticket. In other words, is it possible to determine the 'YOUR LETTERS' based on the letters which are visible in the puzzle?

Because the game has to be regulated, there has to be a pattern. I've purchased (5) of these the other day, and there are in-fact some interesting items to note. For example, within those (5) tickets I purchased, eight letters were revealed every time. Additionally, some of the words have been used multiple times. So-on, and so-forth.

This idea of beating the game always has fascinated me. If you're interested in cracking the code with me, let me know by commenting below. Here is a direct link to the game as provided by the Missouri Lottery.

Most lottery vendors have a scanner to check if it's a winner without scratching anything off. There's some kind of barcode on the back.

Most lottery vendors have a scanner to check if it's a winner without scratching anything off. There's some kind of barcode on the back.
In this case, You have to scratch the ticket to reveal the bar code.

I learned something new today!

Many state lotteries publish data for prizes not yet won and the number of tickets still available. There are a few websites that crunch the data and list which games have a better chance to win, and which are almost sure losers. A likely losing ticket is for a game where most of the good prizes have already been won.

That's as far as my research took me before I something else distracted me.

I used to spend a lot of money on scratch off but I also won a lot too. I liked the crossword ones because it takes a while to do so I felt like I was getting my money's worth.

The only strategy I can think of is buying multiples of the same ticket. If you have $20 you have a better chance of winning something if you buy 4 of the same $5 ticket as opposed to buying 4 different $5 tickets.

Of course I like the poker ones but just like real life poker it's rigged.

There was a guy that broke the algorithm his state lotto used for the ticket number themselves. He even told the lotto people about but they didn’t care. He said it was a lot of work driving around and finding stores that would let him see the ticket numbers for maybe a few hundred dollars. He made a lot more in his regular job. Knowing the ticket was a winner didn’t mean it would be anything more than the minimum amount.

There was a guy that broke the algorithm his state lotto used for the ticket number themselves. He even told the lotto people about but they didn’t care. He said it was a lot of work driving around and finding stores that would let him see the ticket numbers for maybe a few hundred dollars. He made a lot more in his regular job. Knowing the ticket was a winner didn’t mean it would be anything more than the minimum amount.
Yeah, I’ve read a couple-three stories about beating the game. That’s why I think it’s possible here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom