How to transport chips without looking suspicious (1 Viewer)

jmwnf

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I just got the Apache 3800 to move around my chip set, and I was planning on taking it to NYC this weekend, but I'm not sure how to do that without looking suspicious. I feel like people will see a black case like that and think I'm carrying a gun or a bomb given the high alert from recent events. Is there a good way to make the case look less suspicious? Maybe by putting it in a bag or something? Curious to see if anyone has run into this problem and how they went about it.

Easiest way would to put some stickers on it (tech or snowboarding etc). Apache style cases are actually commonly used for A/V equipment so I feel like a lot of it will be what your appearance is as well (baggy clothes, artsy, formal, geeky etc)

Tell em its nitroglycerin.

Seriously I wouldn't worry about it. People transport camera equipment, imaging, projectors, etc. In cases just like that. You could always put cannabis stickers and rainbows on it....maybe some carebears or smurfs too

Attach it to your wrist with set of handcuffs. I can remember many a Grateful Dead show at The Nassau county veterans memorial coliseum. Then right to Slims bagels after the show. Very steep place up in the Phil Zone there.

I appreciate all the great and helpful suggestions from everyone. I have decided on ordering a unicorn onesie to wear the day of and dying my hair rainbow. I have also inquired about getting some new labels from Gear to relabel my set as "Virgin Card Room" chips. NYPD won't want to come within a mile radius of me now.

I use Pelican cases for work gear locally And while traveling and have never even thought about it. But if you feel suspicious you might look suspicious more than anything else.

If you see a cop make sure you get eye contact with him or her first, than run away as fast as you can. You shouldn’t have any issues.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom