How to track and transition between mixed games (1 Viewer)

Marhault

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
So my players aren't much into circus games. Best case scenario is a dealers choice nickel/dime drunken fun night. However there is a gathering interest in throwing some Omaha or Big O or both into a mixed game night.

Here's my questions for you seasoned vets of this format. How often do you alternate between your mixed games? My experience online has been X number of games of NLHE alternated with X number of games of PLO and so on. If this is the best method what's the sweet spot on rotation? 8 hands? 10 hands? Or should it be a time limit?

Next is if you rotate on a hand count how do you track it? Just a notebook with tally's? Some special type of hand tracker?

Also I run a bad beat jackpot at my cash games. Obviously this would be much easier to achieve playing really any version of Omaha over NLHE, so I don't know if I'm keen on applying my bad beat jackpot to Omaha hands...should I or shouldn't I?

Any insight or advice is appreciated.

Dealer choices - orbit + 1

Fixed rotation - game always changes on the same person

Am I misunderstanding, or does that mean that the person choosing the game gets to be button twice on the game selected? Might *slightly* discourage games with less of a positional advantage.

We've always just made the person who draws the button at the beginning the one the game changes on. Perhaps marked by an out of play chip. Then, another out of play chip goes around the table for who picks next. Gets advanced as the person makes the call of game.

Fixed rotation - game always changes on the same person
This is the way.

ETA:
Am I misunderstanding, or does that mean that the person choosing the game gets to be button twice on the game selected? Might *slightly* discourage games with less of a positional advantage.

Yeah, they would get button twice on their selected game. I haven't noticed it affecting the game selection, but YMMV.

Last edited:
Change the game on orbit. Of course say you had 4 players, you may want to go 2 orbits.

Any news on the cpc customs?? Excited to see them.

Change the game on orbit. Of course say you had 4 players, you may want to go 2 orbits.

Any news on the cpc customs?? Excited to see them.
Not really. I asked David since I got my proof a couple weeks ago if that meant I was close to production but he said there's no correlation between them. He said it could take years for them to catch up from Covid :eek:

We make the person choosing the game deal for the entire orbit. They don’t get the button twice.

The upside to @detroitdad 's suggestion is that the person calling the game gets to demonstrate the dealing on the first hand. But the downside is I would never call a stud game under those rules. So in my micro dealer's choice game, we used to do orbit plus 1, but then we changed to skip the +1 at the end, so the player to the caller's right deals the last hand, the caller skips the deal instead of dealing a second time, and the player to the caller's left calls the next game.

Otherwise, changing the game on the same player every time is pretty straight forward and a good choice if everyone is familiar with all games played.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom