How to tell Starbusts apart? (1 Viewer)

phcjpp

Two Pair
Reaction score
(London) + Shipping to Portland, Oregon, USA
Afternoon all,

Am about to put my collection of starbursts up for sale and wanted to take the time to find the colours out (there are lot of different colors in there) - any suggestions on the best way to do that? I don't have a set of Paulson color sample chips unfortunately and I am in the UK so not easy to borrow one.

Best
Chris

IMG_5188.jpg

It looks like you have a lot of less common colours, too. Rack quantities would probably be more in demand than scattered barrels, but you never know.

You would probably realize the most value via auction. If in Ex+ condition, I think you could reasonably start at $1.50 a chip.

I hope that you'll auction these, or use a lottery system. I know that a lot of people will be interesting in buying various parts of this collection, myself included, and I hate the thought that I'd miss my chance because I wasn't glued to the classifieds 24/7 and they literally were gone in less than sixty seconds.

I wish I could help you figure out the actual Paulson colors but I don't know how to. I do know that with starbursts (and solids more generally?) getting exact shade matches is something of a hopeless cause. For me personally, I'm not looking for specific colors, and I'm content to just judge by the pictures, even knowing full well that pictures can misrepresent colors terribly.

Your best bet may be to take some effort to get good pictures using a good light source, so that everyone has their best chance to judge colors for themselves.

Good luck with your sale! Hopefully some of those beauties can come my way. :)

Oh my... I do see a few there that might help completing my collection. Oh my.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom