How to Store Paulson Chips? (1 Viewer)

Avalanche

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hello,
Is there a consensus way to store chips? Poker case vs racks? Brand/type of case or brand/type of rack?

Thank you for your input.

You store Paulson chips in a bank vault, with two armed guards standing in front of it with orders to shoot first and ask questions later

"Someday lad, ALL this will be yours! "
"What, the curtains?"
"NO, not the curtains! The Paulson Poker Chips!"

mphg014.jpg

You can store them anyway you want. But you should consider:

- controlled temperature
- controlled humidity
- away from direct sunlight

no matter what sort of shelf, rack, cage, cart, or case system you intend to use.
I can't remember ever reading about humidity affecting chips. And controlled temperature? I guess I'm comfortable with anything under 100 degrees Fahrenheit, but I'm not really concerned by any temperatures under 120.
There's nothing wrong with belt and suspenders plans, but let's not mislead people into believing they need some climate controlled solution. They're not cigars or fine wines; they're poker chips.

I can't remember ever reading about humidity affecting chips. And controlled temperature? I guess I'm comfortable with anything under 100 degrees Fahrenheit, but I'm not really concerned by any temperatures under 120.
There's nothing wrong with belt and suspenders plans, but let's not mislead people into believing they need some climate controlled solution. They're not cigars or fine wines; they're poker chips.

Hence the use of "you should consider" instead of "do this or else I'll call the poker chip storage police on you".

There's no fancy solution here. Just keep it in a heated part of your house, not in direct sunlight. Avoid storing in an unheated garage if your winter temperature drops below -20C and your summer temperature hits 40C. Don't store it next to your shower or your indoor pool/hot tub. I'm not telling anybody to vacuum seal it inside of a safe and buried under 20,000 packages of silicone dessicant.

And, if we cared to, why wouldn't we want to take care of our poker chips as if they were a fine wine or fine cigars? Lots of members probably value their chips just as highly, or even more so.

Whoa. That's amazing. Did you build it yourself?
I did. Unfortunately it is in our old house (we moved last year), so now I need to figure out how to one up myself. Stay tuned. :)
One of my favorite pics on the entire site. Still generates a smile every time I see it. :)
Thanks Dave. :tup:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom