How to remove the brown stain on Cincy chips? (1 Viewer)

Francisho

High Hand
Reaction score
Hi PCF,

I cleaned my recently received Cincy chips yesterday. I used the "detergent + scrub" method, and it turned out to work well for my chips other than the $1 chips.

Although I successfully removed the obvious filth, they are still left with brown stains. May I know is there any way for me to remove the brown stain, like through bleach or else? Also, what product should I use? Thank you!

P.S: I used Dawn as detergent, and I placed the $1 chips in very concentrated solution for 10 minutes, and then place them in diluted solution for 15 minutes before scrubbing.

Attachments

• IMG_0010.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 213
Thank you for your advice, but since I don't own an ultrasonic machine, I would like to find a way to scrub them with my hands:D

i'll never clean chips by hand again after doing them in my ultrasonic. it's an expense that has paid for itself several times over already. but hey - if you like cleaning by hand, enjoy!

I used an oxiclean solution back when I scrubbed by hand. I also used hot water from the tap which seemed to improve the effectiveness of the cleaning.

As always, I strongly recommend doing a single chip first just to be sure things aren't going to go wrong.

I used an oxiclean solution back when I scrubbed by hand. I also used hot water from the tap which seemed to improve the effectiveness of the cleaning.

As always, I strongly recommend doing a single chip first just to be sure things aren't going to go wrong.

This is similar to what I did as well. Hot tap water + a small amount of OxyClean + Dawn Ultra, stir, submerge chips for about 10 minutes and then scrub clean with a brush. I had favorable results with both Horseshoe Cincinnati and Cleveland $1s.

That being said, if I buy any more dirty chips I'm getting an ultrasonic cleaner.

^This.

Use a damp Mr.Clean Magic Eraser Extra Power (don't cheap out for anything else) to wipe the face rim and rolling edges.

Wear gloves, and rinse the chips afterwards.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom