How to make purchase (1 Viewer)

glam

High Hand
Reaction score
Hello,

I am newbie on this forum and just trying to navigate and understand a few things. I am just at the beginning of my search of looking for a set of chips.

When I do find something, I do want to be prepared as mush as possible and know how things work.

How do people typically pay? Which method is the safest? I am from Canada so I imagine this forum is from people world wide or from the US mostly.

Basically, I don't want to get scammed so if there are tips or type of account I need to setup, please let me know.

Thanks

Hello and welcome! From which area of Canada are you?

Most of us pay with PayPal. Friends/Family generally comes without extra charge, but there's also no protections. If you pay by Goods/Services, most will ask for another 3-4% on top of the cost to cover fees, but you do have some measure of purchase protection (or can file a claim if necessary). Forum members who regularly buy and sell in the Classifieds have a feedback rating similar to eBay, and you can check that rating and customer/seller comments by clicking on the coloured boxes at the bottom of the avatar box.

Welcome. Nutshell: use PayPal and u send $$$ first and then pray the mailman don't steal it. Spending $500+? Pay the xtra $15 and get insurance. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the info. I am from Montréal
Welcome. Our community and sales are based off a bit of trust. Chat with the seller, look at there history, and know that 99% of the people here wanna help you on your chipping journey. Gaining friends and allys thru chat and PM is the best way to learn and find sets around here.

Welcome to the forum.

I'm only a month in this forum, and I've done my first buy a few days ago. I think it's very important to know what to want (that's the clue and complicated) and select a good seller. Don't be in a hurry and buy that you really love, that's my way!

Enjoy the forum!
Carlos

Thanks CarlosStorm.
What did you end up getting if yiu don't mind sharing?

Thanks CarlosStorm.
What did you end up getting if yiu don't mind sharing?
Well, mabe it's too long and in Spain is late, ha ha.

Fisrt at all, I bought some samples, ceramics (Dia de los muertos, Tiki kings, and Valentions). I thought it was a good idea to personalize some ceramics. I Also bought CPC (Classic Poker Chips) and Key West. Well, CPC handle a lot better than ceramics, and I liked them more. Then, I wanted to buy some Paulsons, so I finally bought two barrrels or Horseshoe Cincinnati secundary T100 unused, I bought them a fantastic seller in Europe, @Odranoel77. I can say now, that for me Paulson are the chips I like more, although CPC and Key West are awasome too. Ceramic chips are very beautiful, but not is not the same for me.

But this is my way. I now know that I want a set of Paulsons, maybe I'll buy more Cincis, but maybe I mixed with other beautiful Paulsons, it depends...

So, buy some samples, or asked in the forum, I think there is a traveller sample set for new members.

Welcome! Be prepared and be fast! Check in reguarly, members buy and sell here on the forum (PayPal most commonly used, others would be venmo, zelle, google pay, some of which may not be accessible in canada unfortunately)
Most common form of shipping is USPS but there are other options. Also, be on the lookout for vendor sales (@TheChipRoom has one coming for black friday) but chips can sometimes go quickly. Best way to claim a non vendor sale is to post "dibs" or "I'll take it" in the sales thread and send a PM immediately to the seller. We also have auctions here, which function most like eBay without the fees.
Be sure to use feedback (for good or bad transactions) when buying or selling as well, this helps improve the trust between members.

Good luck! Brie

Well, mabe it's too long and in Spain is late, ha ha.

Fisrt at all, I bought some samples, ceramics (Dia de los muertos, Tiki kings, and Valentions). I thought it was a good idea to personalize some ceramics. I Also bought CPC (Classic Poker Chips) and Key West. Well, CPC handle a lot better than ceramics, and I liked them more. Then, I wanted to buy some Paulsons, so I finally bought two barrrels or Horseshoe Cincinnati secundary T100 unused, I bought them a fantastic seller in Europe, @Odranoel77. I can say now, that for me Paulson are the chips I like more, although CPC and Key West are awasome too. Ceramic chips are very beautiful, but not is not the same for me.

But this is my way. I now know that I want a set of Paulsons, maybe I'll buy more Cincis, but maybe I mixed with other beautiful Paulsons, it depends...

So, buy some samples, or asked in the forum, I think there is a traveller sample set for new members.
@glam the above experience is probably the back story to about 90%+ of the members here. "I got lots of samples and fell in love with Paulsons" is the short version. Many members also add a second line: "I love Paulsons, but they are unaffordable for me right now, so I bought a set of China Clays (will upgrade soon)".

Thank you. I think what I will end up doing is probably start with a small Paulson mix set. Buying a complete set right now is not realistic.

A problem right now that I have is that I can't respond by saying "dibs" or " I will take them" as I am still new to the forum. Perhaps I need some time to go by before I can respond in the classified ads. Does anyone know?

Hey @glam welcome to the forum. I am in mtl and own some cpc samples, ceramics samples, a full hybrid ceramic set, paulsons, etc. PM me if you want to have some of my chips for some time to test or just to see.

A problem right now that I have is that I can't respond by saying "dibs" or " I will take them" as I am still new to the forum. Perhaps I need some time to go by before I can respond in the classified ads. Does anyone know?
u live in there DAY AND NIGHT and then refresh a lot and set alerts to your phone. lots of alerts. lol

Hi @Raphmivey, thank you. Nice to hear we have another Montrealer in da house. That is very generous of you for the samples. Will keep it in mind. Thanks

Hello,

I am newbie on this forum and just trying to navigate and understand a few things. I am just at the beginning of my search of looking for a set of chips.

When I do find something, I do want to be prepared as mush as possible and know how things work.

How do people typically pay? Which method is the safest? I am from Canada so I imagine this forum is from people world wide or from the US mostly.

Basically, I don't want to get scammed so if there are tips or type of account I need to setup, please let me know.

Thanks
As someone who has been around and is familiar with more than half of these members and, by extension the community not represented here on PCF, I’d happily insist that any purchase you make here is safe and the sellers/buyers are some of the most stand-up individuals I’ve never met.

Any other Montreal-ers in here? I have a favour if someone from Montreal wants to reach out to me via PM.

Thanks!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom