How to leave feedback for members who have their account on private (1 Viewer)

ReallyGoodUsername

Royal Flush
Site Vendor
Reaction score
I know there's a way... just can't troubleshoot on my own account and don't know anyone off hand with a private account. If you know how or have a "private" account let me know and I can figure it out and post pictures on how here. Thanks!

Better question is why people feel a need to put their account on private in the first place. o_O

Searching past posts is a great way to find things by username.

If I remember that user-X posted topic content I want to review or reference, the easiest way to find it is often in his/her post history.

Listing location is variable/optional. Any other misdirection you'd like to supply? :D

If I remember that user-X posted topic content I want to review or reference, the easiest way to find it is often in his/her post history.

Listing location is variable/optional. Any other misdirection you'd like to supply? :D
Seems like it only benefits others that my accounts public and me not at all then :p

Last edited:

Tbh I do this a ton. This is how I look up most of the stuff since I don’t remember titles.

I do this all the time, it’s a quick way to find past Salé threads and such. Only ever ran across one member with a private profile.

Agree to disagree since it’s not relevant :). If we could get this back to feedback that’d be...

1563367993005.gif

Lol the sooner this question is answered and post closed the better I'm guessing. I'm sure Tommy made the private an option for a reason. If someone doesn't want to share reasoning, I would suppose that's fair. However I don't think anyone's out of line in asking why, probably just naturally curious since it's a rarity to come across a private and helpful for others to search public profiles.

Last edited:
Not saying there isn’t, guess I just haven’t come across those yet.

And stop reacting with a sad face on every post I make, it’s depressing;)
So you do or do not know how to leave feedback for private accounts? :rolleyes:

If they want to be private, who cares about giving them feedback -- you can't read it anyway, so why bother?

Hey Tom, i can click on your name, and click the 100% rating and it will give me the option to leave feedback. what doesn't work?
Thanks Nick!!!! :wow: That should work I just forgot how to

@Tommy possible to close / delete this thread ? It got a bit derailed with opinions

yea you can still read the feedback. the only thing ive noticed is i cant see your post's or media pics. but i can see the feedback. i actually needed to find a thread that i know you were in not to long ago and had to go another route cuz your private lol. but all is good. :tup:

Hey Tom, i can click on your name, and click the 100% rating and it will give me the option to leave feedback. what doesn't work?
I think this works only from posts in the Classifieds threads. For example, there's no Feedback icon under anyone's name in this thread.

Here's the trick -- start in Classifieds. Then open Search. Change "Everywhere", to search in "This Forum", then search for [username]. Then any post in the Classifieds by that user should have the Feedback icon to click on.

I think this works only from posts in the Classifieds threads. For example, there's no Feedback icon under anyone's name in this thread.

Here's the trick -- start in Classifieds. Then open Search. Change "Everywhere", to search in "This Forum", then search for [username]. Then any post in the Classifieds by that user should have the Feedback icon to click on.
Thanks for the information! I really appreciate it!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom