How to lazer faux Clays? (1 Viewer)

DerFabo

Two Pair
Reaction score
I know that lazering faux clays was a thing but i can't find anything about it in the forum. I don't even know If this post belongs in here...

Does anyone know more about the process of lazering faux clays?
@Santa123 is sending me a barrel to test it, but i would like to get some information from people who have done this before...

Thanks in advance

Maybe @Jeff has some insights.

Looking at my lazered faux clays You can notice that the guy (Jason) who lazered them lazered the chips with different intensity to create more or less depth. This depth at least for the white chips go along with how dark the color turns.

Look at the little Beach below the Palm. It is less dark and it has less depth.
Unfortunately the chips are long gone :-(

Screenshot_20230213-081830_Chrome.jpg

1636039576738.jpeg

1636039562569 (1).jpeg

If you can master this technique it would be perfect to use for the Circus Circus tribute.

CircusCircus50cent_2_1024x.jpg

I think the dyed Faux Clay Chips are a different animal as the dye only got soacked in the chip a millimeter. You probably have to laser at least though that layer.

However this pic by @kkbait is intressting. I am sure that the red chip at the bottom right is original/ not dyed while the rest is dyed.
The original red chip is completely red through hole chip while dyed chips are white insight. The lazered area of an original chip will always turn his color to the color of the chip. You can see that the lazered area of the red chip is a little bit reddish. While the others are white. Lazer a black chip and the lazered area will be almost not noticeable. Only the yellow looks a little strange. I don't know why.

20180124_133517.jpg

I don't remember who had done the lasering, we're talking 10-15 years ago.

I believe @stonker had his FCs cnc'd

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom