How to get more value here? (1 Viewer)

boltonguy

Flush
Reaction score
Ok, so you know from my other posts that I'm a fish and am in combat with lady luck who keeps throwing river cards to my opponents when I get it in with >80% equity so that they suck out on me. That is inevitable and hopefully will balance out over time.

However I do need to maximize value from my stronger hands. Just played this and what do you do on turn? I bet and V folded. Could I have gotten more value by checking turn?

Hero flats BN 3BB open with 56s

1617325212868.png

V cbets a pretty dry board that favors his range. Hero X/R his gutshot figuring V may have missed and is just cbetting at a high frequency on this texture.
V calls so may have the Q or possibly the 7. I think TP is calling often, MP calling sometimes and BP calling almost never.

1617325284537.png

BOOM! Hero hits the gutshot and bets a large, polarizing sizing. V folds. Do you bet smaller here? Check to induce?
Looking for a good strategy on how to get more value.

1617325419372.png

Attachments

• 1617325255928.png
    1617325255928.png
    213.9 KB · Views: 60
You already check raised, so a check here is less likely to induce a bet. I would bet 1/2 pot (ish). But then I'm a worse fish than you are.

Your check-raise on the flop is what killed your value here. That move, followed by leading out the turn makes me think flopped set. A check-call in the flop followed with a check-littlebitofhollywooding-call on the turn can allow a check-raise on the river.

I think I’m leaning towards a fold pre vs the shortstack. I want some implied odds with those kind of hands.

On the flop all three options kinda suck with these stacks and this is why I fold pre. You can’t really flat, folding is meh and we’re not repping much by raising. No 2-pair combos make sense, Qx and sets would mostly want to flat this dry board. What’s the plan on a blank turn? Club turn?

As played I think we have to bet smaller on the turn. The pot bet is effectively almost an all-in. He’s probably not folding a queen regardless but we may be letting him off the hook with 78-type hands and 88-JJ. Don’t like checking the turn. He’s likely gonna check back said hands and we will not be able to get it all on the river.

Last edited:
I agree with tabletalker. You showed massive strength on the flop. You have to bet the turn either way, it just happened to be that you drilled it. AQ KQ is not folding here, then you get paid. Unfortunately, your opponent didnt have that this time, he had one of the hands you wanted him to have if he missed (Ax, yadda yadda)

What is your play if you missed the turn? What if an A came? K? Blank? How about a 6 or 7?

You still playing fast fold? I have completely quit that game, btw. No table dynamics does not sit well with me. Actually, I am almost exclusively playing LHE right now....which is ALL table dynamics.

Yes still fast fold. March was another positive month at 25NL so the adjustments I’m making are +EV. Not ready to move up to 50NL zone yet. Signed up with ACR and played a bit there with a HUD, both fast fold and normal. They only run 10NL fast fold and Ignition is softer IMHO. Normal speed 6max is ok just slow ...

I don’t like a X/C much on flop as with 4 outs I’m only hitting my out 16% of the time and feel a need for additional equity in the form of fold equity here by raising. Then as a backup when called I have my 16% equity and can continue semi bluffing if I miss depending on runtout, if I hit I can continue betting for value. So not likely to X/C 1/2 pot cbet for those reasons. Maybe 1/4 to 1/3 pot as with implied odds I’m closer to the right odds to call.

Have you played on Betonline yet? Bonuses look really good. I havent played anywhere but Bovada since Black Friday.

Can you check to see if there is any action on limit the next evening you play? I have been considering switching, but I am doing well right now at limit, so I am going to ride this until it bucks me. I am looking for 1/2 up to 5/10....2/4 would be the sweet spot, but could play bigger full ring. Right now, I am playing 1/2 and 3/6, 6 handed (and usually short handed). It's great, because there's no playbook....but it sucks because there's no playbook!

@grebe I had somehow thought that Ignition and Bovada were the same player pool?
With Ignition there's no way to see the number of players in the non-Zone pool. You choose your game and are seated. See snip below.
If you like I can take a screen shot of the limit games running on ACR later this evening when play is in full swing.

1617366966950.png

1617366997537.png

ACR will show tables and waiting lists. I have played the NLHE 6 max tables a few times and the whole waiting list setup is a PITA.
You can have a dozen tables running at 25NL with 5 to 6 people on the waiting list. Not sure why they dont spin up new tables.
This is another reason why I'm playing fast-fold: immediate gratification ;)

1617367170171.png

Attachments

• 1617367057715.png
    1617367057715.png
    53.3 KB · Views: 60
Yes, ignition and bovada are same. ACR and betonline are different networks though, correct?

Yes, bovada does not show tables or waiting lists. You just have to sit and pray. It's really awful.

ACR will show tables and waiting lists. I have played the NLHE 6 max tables a few times and the whole waiting list setup is a PITA.
You can have a dozen tables running at 25NL with 5 to 6 people on the waiting list. Not sure why they dont spin up new tables.
This is another reason why I'm playing fast-fold: immediate gratification ;)

View attachment 668921
mmmmmm......stud. I might have to join up ACR just to play stud. I never invested in a HUD though and enjoy the anonymity of Bovada. I would like to see that pic during peak hours....drop the micro and pickup the medium tabs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom