How To? Finding Specific Chips, Where to Look (2 Viewers)

Hairy_Crocodile

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Hey all!

I'm starting my journey of collecting a specific set of Paulson chips (Fleur De Lis) and wanted to ask how fellow members of the forums that are collectors find specific chips for their collections.
I need 160 of these bad boys, I really hope I dont have to comb eBay for years to complete this project...

I see that there is the classified section here (which I can hopefully post in soon!) and eBay, but what other places can I go to for searching for specific chips?
  • Are there facebook groups?
  • More online vendor sites that I dont know about?
  • Any Luck for any of you on Craiglist or Marketplace?

You’re headed in the right direction :)
One of the biggest issues I am having is not knowing what to search, or where to search.

Some listings for chips I've clicked on to learn about them (Just random chips I dont wanna buy) don't have much identifying info, so If I was a collector trying to find that specific chip for example, I'd be SOL unless I stumbled across the listing by accident. So idk where to look or how to search aside from getting lucky, scrolling through pages upon pages of random chips, or hope some guy posts about what I'm after with enough tags that get picked up on my searches.

I just so happened to stumble across these and now I want to nab up as many as I can find for a project of mine.
Paulson Fleur De Lis.jpg

One of the biggest issues I am having is not knowing what to search, or where to search.

Some listings for chips I've clicked on to learn about them (Just random chips I dont wanna buy) don't have much identifying info, so If I was a collector trying to find that specific chip for example, I'd be SOL unless I stumbled across the listing by accident. So idk where to look or how to search aside from getting lucky, scrolling through pages upon pages of random chips, or hope some guy posts about what I'm after with enough tags that get picked up on my searches.

I just so happened to stumble across these and now I want to nab up as many as I can find for a project of mine.
View attachment 605111

You’re much better off finding chips in the colors that you want and then having them milled and labeled IMO. You might possibility find the exact chips you want out in the wild but I find it unlikely. These are generic looking enough that they’d be easy to replicate.

I will say though that this hobby requires 3 things. Patience, persistence, and money. Somethings only require one, some require a combination of them. Some members here spend years working on a single set.

You may not always get direct answers to your questions(such as this one perhaps?) so read every thread, check every section on the site, and judiciously use the search feature. In time, you’ll figure what you want, where and how to look for it, and how to spot it.

Good luck

Your chances of finding these chips in quantity are very low. You might get lucky, but don't count on it. If you really like this design, your best option is to find solid colored Paulson chips and then have them milled and use Gear inlays as RichMahogany said.

You could ask on the chip board.

Also maybe @JWC has some of these. He has loads of older chips of all kind.

Agree that finding a full set will be hard at best, and probably will take years to build from singles here and there if you really do pursue it.

I don’t think that I have ever seen these before. I am not sure where they were used, or what quantities they came in. Good luck with the hunt!

John

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom