How to design ceramic chips (1 Viewer)

Brantof

Sitting Out
Reaction score
hi, i'm new to the world of custom chips and i am searching for some advice on how to create a custom set because i don't know how to do the design for some ceramic chips.
there's a software to easily design them? do you need to use some classic photo softwears like photoshop?
Thanks for the help

I don’t think there’s any software to make it easier. The standard drawing software is Illustrator, but that’s just the tool used to make the design, not design it.

If you have the design in your head or have sketched it out, Illustrator or a vector-based equivalent software is great at making it real.

If you haven’t figured out the design yet, spend some time in the gallery section looking at previous chip designs. It can really help with things like scale, type, and the relationship of graphics to the denominations and text. Even though previous designs look different, they often share some key components and design principles.

Good luck!

Whatever you use, take advantage of the medium to create unique designs. Replicating popular compressed clay sets is a bit overdone these days. Have fun with it.

Simple process for getting any design ready for custom ceramics.

1. Get your design thought out in your head. Ensure it is exactly what you want.

2. Contact @mattross1313 cause this guy is THE BEST! He is an artist here at PCF, he is used to dealing with the various custom ceramics makers, and he will get your design in a format that they can use.

I like to prototype the spots in the Paulson Design tool here: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/pcf/pokerchiptool/
Often you can go to a site like Shutterstock to find centerpiece stock icons/graphics for your labels. Ideally you want to use 'vector' artwork, though it is possible to use pictures (like I did on the PNY cards mold set).

Then you do (unfortunately) need someone familiar with illustrator to actually turn the design for spots and inlays into printable artwork.

Simple process for getting any design ready for custom ceramics.

1. Get your design thought out in your head. Ensure it is exactly what you want.

2. Contact @mattross1313 cause this guy is THE BEST! He is an artist here at PCF, he is used to dealing with the various custom ceramics makers, and he will get your design in a format that they can use.
Do you know how much he charges for the Design?

hi, i'm new to the world of custom chips and i am searching for some advice on how to create a custom set because i don't know how to do the design for some ceramic chips.
there's a software to easily design them? do you need to use some classic photo softwears like photoshop?
Thanks for the help

If you are asking this question trust me you want to hire a designer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom