How to Build a Basic Poker Chip Tower (1 Viewer)

UW85

Pair
Supporter
Reaction score
Sometime ago Sidepot.com (aka buypokerchips.com) had a contest for people to make a video using their chips and the winner got a nice set of some kind of chip. Here was my entry, didn't win, but hey, it can be fun to build in your free time!

(is there a way to embed the video here rather than the link?)

Heh, this looks like great fun! It is the sort of thing my "inner child" would really enjoy! I have sometimes done this on a small scale with a few chips before but I never really thought anything of it. I should have known there would be a competitive version out there somewhere! I doubt I have enough chips to be a winner in this kind of thing but I'd sure have fun playing!

Sometime ago Sidepot.com (aka buypokerchips.com) had a contest for people to make a video using their chips and the winner got a nice set of some kind of chip. Here was my entry, didn't win, but hey, it can be fun to build in your free time!

LINK

(is there a way to embed the video here rather than the link?)

Yes....this button;

ex_insert_video.jpg

I fixed it. ;)

When I first looked at the chip tower, I thought it'd be impossible for me to learn, but it's actually looks really easy to build. I'm going to try and build a chip tower myself once I get enough chips for it.

When I first looked at the chip tower, I thought it'd be impossible for me to learn, but it's actually looks really easy to build. I'm going to try and build a chip tower myself once I get enough chips for it.

LOL, I was thinking the same thing. Like "How in the world did he do that??" While I am glad to know how easy it was, it kinda took the illusion away. Like when they reveal the secrets behind magic tricks lol. I think I have one of the first decorative features for my poker room! I would have to find some way to make sure someone can't know it over -- maybe glue them together or put something around them. Pretty awesome, nonetheless.

LOL, I was thinking the same thing. Like "How in the world did he do that??" While I am glad to know how easy it was, it kinda took the illusion away. Like when they reveal the secrets behind magic tricks lol. I think I have one of the first decorative features for my poker room! I would have to find some way to make sure someone can't know it over -- maybe glue them together or put something around them. Pretty awesome, nonetheless.

Glue them together? Not a bad idea just make sure you use some cheap plastic chips! :)

I sadly can´t watch it.

It´s blocked in Germany for whatever reason :(

Do you maybe have some kind of music in the video? Because most YouTube videos including music are getting blocked in Germany for copyright/license reasons...

It´s ridiculous.

That's wild & YES, it has a cut called Sirius (I think) from Alan Parson's Project. In fact my video was taken down temporarily until YouTube put a link to iTunes for that song onto my video. So if the people here are fine with it, why would Germany care? That's nuts. You can't use a "proxy server" to by-pass their filter? Kids do it all day long in public schools. :)

ummm.. the title says basic... These are way to awesome to be considered basic lol! I am loving the bridges!

Good times! I've done that before, but with substantially less chips. I swear, one of the reasons I love the game is because I liked playing with my father's poker chips when I was a kid. They just feel so good in your hand, and you can do loads of stuff with them.

Here is one I did a few weeks ago. I live in the greater Seattle area so I thought I would give this a try...

cd3264d917f0645edea92345a068f478.jpg

Here is one my brother, Noelsarchs built a few years ago before he sold his PNY's.
Not only is it pretty, but it is strong enough to hold a bottle of $75 scotch!

cantilevertower.jpg

UW great job and great video. The fact that the top of the tower is completely flat is amazing.

That's awesome, never seen how you guys do those towers before. Will have to give this a try later, my daughter loves playing with the chips with me as well. :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom