How to avoid cheating in home games? (1 Viewer)

I would love for everyone in every self-dealt home game to shuffle like a pro. The reality falls far short of that.
Early in my games, I used to often joke that the worst shufflers would do better if they had a bucket and a stick. Now they are all very good.

Point out errors, and why it's wrong. Don't accuse them of cheating, because most bad dealers just don't realize their error. If they can learn poker, they can learn to shuffle correctly.

As a guy who runs a weekly game I will say the best way to avoid cheaters is to simply not invite them. That's right! It's an exclusive invitation, not an open one. Only well known members (friends) attend. Yes, once in a while you might have a new comer to the game but he's usually a good friend of a member. Also, I'm a full time dealer at my game which eliminates any chance (other than me) of having a cheat.

Mr. Zombie, you seem to be able to inspire a level of effort on the part of your players that makes me quite envious.
Live look in from @Poker Zombie helping his dealers learn proper techniques:

ben-stiller-instagram-famous.gif

It was about 500 posts ago, but as I recall the cheater was a good friend and coworker of most of the players in the game, not some walk-in.
Wow! That must be devastating. I am fortunate to never have experience such betrayal.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom