How serious is this crack? (2 Viewers)

JScott

Flush
Reaction score
Of course this has to happen on my rarest and hardest to replace chip.

These have only been put in play twice so I’m surprised to find this crack. Is it something to be concerned about? Should I just leave it? Does anyone have a sample set of IOC‘s I can buy?

36DBD3AD-0EDD-473D-A35D-8AD7A9EF2B70.jpeg

6F6C4F18-0450-402A-81C5-15E23D79CBAD.jpeg

Looks like you could easily get that piece of the chip off...prolly time to find a replacement

If a guy bets aggressively would this happen? One guy likes to slam his chips down. But not hard enough you’d think this would happen.

Could it be a manufacturing defect and not an actual crack? Looking at the first pic it looks as though the piece is kind of fractured but not all the way through. Could it have been made like that possibly? If so maybe the small piece won’t actually fall off, it’ll just look funny.

Could it be a manufacturing defect and not an actual crack? Looking at the first pic it looks as though the piece is kind of fractured but not all the way through. Could it have been made like that possibly? If so maybe the small piece won’t actually fall off, it’ll just look funny.
It’s possible. I didn’t notice it until yesterday

If you bought directly from Chiproom Jim might replace it if you ask nicely...

I think it looks like a defect rather than a crack.

Thanks guys. If it’s a defect (which it likely is), I actually feel better about it.

Wish it wasn’t on literally my favorite chip though.

I thought it was gonna be a thread showing racks and racks of chips and the question "How serious is this crack" (ie chipping).

Was I the only one who read the title to this post and said "if this is a pic of a plumber bent down fixing something I am going to be mad"?
If @Josh Kifer made this thread I bet maybe 3 people would click on it... those 3 people joined the site today! Lmao

Some chips have weak spots. I have had a couple Paulsons fall in halves while cleaning with light pressure. I used the Gel type super Glue and they are stronger than ever. But those were on chips that are not easily replaceable.

If Jim can't help you out I think @FordPickup92 may have a spare sample set. It sucks but not the end of the world!

I thought it was gonna be a thread showing racks and racks of chips and the question "How serious is this crack" (ie chipping).
That was my first thought, I thought we were going to have some honesty about this hobby.

I have superglued cracked chips before without issue. I would prefer that to discarding a chip.

When I was a kid, I always thought the checker with the chipped edge was the coolest one.

Id sell you a sample set minus the $500 chip if u want. Just pm me if interested! I’ll have 6 sets available.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom