How poker chips helped Michigan State beat the #8 team in the county on the road (1 Viewer)

WedgeRock

Royal Flush
Reaction score
For years, the team has long been said to play with a chip on it's shoulder. When no one gives them a chance, they find a way to win. To symbolically represent that chip, each player brought a poker chip to yesterday's game against Penn State.

Both on the field and in the spirit. And if the coaches deserve credit for adapting to its personnel, the players deserve credit for re-discovering the theme:

The poker chip.

Every player had to bring one to the game Saturday. Literally.

“Khari Willis said we’ve got to bring that chip mentality back,” explained Dantonio, speaking of his senior safety.

And?

“Bring a poker chip with you. So, everybody got a poker chip,” he said.

But they didn’t just bring a literal chip. They walked in and slammed it down on a hard surface.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...football-mark-dantonio-penn-state/1635479002/

Sure was a fun game to watch. Wonder if they used green and white dice chips?

Not going to matter what they bring next week. They could bring an entire set of one of a kind small crown chips that cause people to faint and it wouldnt help.

Just saying.

Trying to live for today.
Went with my son to that game and he graduated from state. As that play unfolded the big house was deathly quiet but I could hear one voice one lone voice yelling ‘oh my god oh my god oh my God.’

That was my son-bless him. Said it was the best game he ever saw.

The last time I went to Ann Arbor for the game was in 1990. Michigan was #1 in the country and tried to win it with a two-point conversion with seconds left. But Desmond Howard tripped on the goal line and dropped the ball.

:whistle: :whistling:

We rushed the field but couldn't wait to get back in the car and head back to East Lansing for the party.

Last edited:
Not going to matter what they bring next week. They could bring an entire set of one of a kind small crown chips that cause people to faint and it wouldnt help.

Just saying.
Really?

/Looks at last 10 meetings

"Big Brother" hasn't had much luck in recent years... and you better hope your QB can gain yardage through the air, because you're not getting much on the ground.

Go Green!
(Go White!)

;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom