How often do you wash your table? (1 Viewer)

DrStrange

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
How often do you wash your table? How do you do it?

I have slowly grown to washing the table once every 2 or 3 sessions (once a month). I am shocked each time at how dirty the uncovered table gets. I do this because, well it is dirty, but another good reason is to keep my cards in better order. Grit and dirt on the table means the cards get slowly "sanded" down to bare plastic.

I use a bowl of hot water and a bar rag. No soap, no cleaner just hot water. The cloth is a Teflon speed cloth with a closed cell foam pad. Wash once, wipe a second time and let dry for a couple of hours. There is a noticeable difference is card speed before and after washing.

I also wipe down the rail using the same technique. Hot water, no soap, wipe dry once a month.

DrStrange

Before every game I just use a lint roller over the felt.. there are lots of hairs on the table from each game.amazing how much gets left behind.

Sent using tapatalk!

I have slowly grown to washing the table once every 2 or 3 sessions (once a month). I am shocked each time at how dirty the uncovered table gets. I do this because, well it is dirty, but another good reason is to keep my cards in better order. Grit and dirt on the table means the cards get slowly "sanded" down to bare plastic.

I use a bowl of hot water and a bar rag. No soap, no cleaner just hot water. The cloth is a Teflon speed cloth with a closed cell foam pad. Wash once, wipe a second time and let dry for a couple of hours. There is a noticeable difference is card speed before and after washing.

I also wipe down the rail using the same technique. Hot water, no soap, wipe dry once a month.

DrStrange
Well I never did before this [emoji13].

Now I'm paranoid about how filthy my table top is

I wipe down the rail with a rag/warm water after almost every session. I often vacuum up the top with my vacuum's brush attachment, and get all the dust/dirt particles sucked up.

Haven't had to wipe down the new Chanman felt yet.

Don't wash my table tops. but I bought a pool table brush that I use after each game to get rid of hair and food crumbs. My rails aren't attached, so this works pretty well for me

But now that the Dr started this thread, perhaps I should rethink washing

Playing surface typically gets brushed off after every game, and I wipe down the rail before every game using nothing but a damp paper towel. I think I've actually washed the playing surface only once in the past 8-9 years.... by the time it really needs cleaning, I've always replaced it with something new.

I wipe down the rail before every session but don't clean the cloth. I only clean the cloth when it looks visibly dirty with a vacuum with the brush attachment.

No permanent table here...

I brush the SSC insert and then remove it, pull the cup holders (some get washed), then sponge down the racetrack and store the table. Don't wash the rail. Gotta do that.

I wipe down the rails with a wet rag before every session. My smaller table, which has SSC, I wipe/wash it when needed (mostly when something has been spilled on it). After 10 years, it's still in great shape. My larger table has gaming suede. I use a vacuum, billiard brush, and lint roller to keep it clean. I also try to steam clean it once a year. After 5 years of 2-3 games a month, I think it's about time to replace it. Probably gonna replace it with SSC. Faster and easier to keep clean.

DrStrange

I only have one table and its covered most of the time its not in use. I still wipe down the rail before and after every game with hot water and a rag. I use one of those mini shark vaccuum cleaners and vaccuum the felt before every use.

Since my tables are built to be portable, 2 of them have easy to remove and throw in the washer felt. That said, I've only had to wash one once. Usually a vacuum does a sufficient job on an every-other-game basis.

I wipe down my rail with a ligthly soaped sponge or rag after every game and treat the rail (marine vinyl) with Meguire's vinyl cleaner/polish (made for cars) once a month. Brings back a nice shine to the rail. As for my SSC custom cloth, I vacuum after every game (especially to get the crumbs out of the seam between the table and rail) and will wash the table with a damp, lightly soaped sponge or rag once a month or so. I'm always concerned that too much wet washing of the cloth will start to wear off the teflon coating and actually decrease card glide, but I could be wrong about that.

Good idea/bad idea to throw suited speed cloth into the washer/dryer before first use?

Before every session.

I wipe the rail with disinfectant wipes and then I'll vacuum the surface and lint roll what the vacuum doesn't get. Then I'll take a moist microfiber cloth and wipe the playing surface.

And about once a month I'll take off the rail and lint roll the crevice where the rail meets the felt

I had a SSC that was horribly dirty. I removed it and ran it through the clothes washer. Came out looking like new.

Before every session.

I wipe the rail with disinfectant wipes and then I'll vacuum the surface and lint roll what the vacuum doesn't get. Then I'll take a moist microfiber cloth and wipe the playing surface.

And about once a month I'll take off the rail and lint roll the crevice where the rail meets the felt
same

I clean my table with a carpet cleaner, using super hot water and ammonia. I use the wand attachment, spray the felt, and then vacuum up the water and ammonia. It works great.The filth that comes out is pretty gross. Leaves it looking brand new!

My tables are felt, so I remove dust and dirt with a pool table brush, then vacuum.

Neither one had much life left in it, so I suspect I'll be building a couple new ones this year.

Damp rag for the rail and cloth. Tiny vacuum attachments for the crumbs of whatever that get stuck just under the rail.

Any recommendations for cleaning @T_Chan gaming suede? I accidentally rolled a teriyaki meatball or two across it during my last game....:banghead:

I took a spray carpet cleaner to it and then a wet towel with warm water and then scrubbed with a dry towel. Seemed to get most of the stains out but now it's fairly obvious which parts have been cleaned. I felt like I didn't want to scrub the table too hard as to avoid stretching out the cloth.

I think I have the older version of gaming suede that Tony offered.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom