How often do you clean your table? (1 Viewer)

K ALL IN 9

Flush
Reaction score
I use a fitted bed sheet to keep my table covered when not in use and when stored in the garage but living with 2 cats, their hair manages to get everywhere (even when covered). We play weekly on Friday or Saturday for about 6 hours. My routine consists of using a vacuum with the brush attachment to do a once over and then using a lint roller to get whatever's left over. Then I will use a lightly dampened microfiber towel and wipe down the felt, followed by another lint rolling. I do this before every session and about every 2 weeks I'll take the rail off and get whatever dust/debris that was hiding underneath.

How often do you guys/gals perform such "maintenance" on your tables and what's your process?

I wipe mine down after every game with a damp towel before putting them away.

Vacuum pre game each time and a wipe down of the rail. Every so often I give the rail a vinyl treatment (like a light mineral oil).

mild soap and water once every ~10 sessions. Vacuum twice a month.

Dirt, grit and debris damage your cards. It is like a fine grain sandpaper. The faces of the cards literally are scoured away.

I have to assume the chips get a minimal amount of wear too, but nothing as much as the cards get.

I wipe mine down after every game with a damp towel before putting them away.

yep I wipe the rail down after every session. I only clean the ssc as needed. I just vacuum it when there is bits on the table

Rather than clean at the end of a session, I do any needed mainenance during set-up for the next game. Typically a quick wet-rag wipe down of the rail, and a brush-off of the playing surface. Table and rail are covered when not in use.

Rather than clean at the end of a session, I do any needed mainenance during set-up for the next game. Typically a quick wet-rag wipe down of the rail, and a brush-off of the playing surface. Table and rail are covered when not in use.

same here. I'll even lightly vacuum the front if I feel it's needed.

I use a vacuum and simple wipedown after each session too.

But I have also found that a small steam cleaner will take off those stubborn stains. And I use the steam cleaner over the entire speed cloth surface for an annual refresher!!

Does the steam cleaning affect card slide and/or the waterproofing? I also do a rail wipe-down and a SSC vacuuming before every game. I try to avoid using water -- even a damp cloth -- on the SSC since I have found on past cloths that it tends to wear down the protective coating which then leads to white marks whenever someone scratches the surface with a fingernail or a chip rack. Maybe this is because I have a custom printed SSC, but IMO water tends to negatively affect card slide and wear (and I would guess the same for steam).

I haven't noticed a difference in sliding before or after the steam clean.....

My table stays in the garage. I cover it with this:

1534792054668.png

https://www.biglots.com/product/4-f...wyZ7yPGX4zQDAKiO1WhoCOFIQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I don't vacuum it, I use a leaf blower. Cleans it real fast.

I vacuum and clean the rail after every session. My table is always up and the room is dedicated to poker. Rarely gets used unless there is a game. No pets... so that’s not an issue. It stays very clean

My table stays set up and its covered full time when not in use. Its also in a room that only gets used for poker and I also have a treadmill in there. The only time my table gets any stuff on it is from idiots who can't seem to get in in their head to not eat or drink over the felt. They are WAY better than a few years ago but usually once a game somebody will take a bit of chips over the table. SMH

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom