How much space do I need? (1 Viewer)

12 would be ok, I think (3m x 4m). Some of the basement setups I've seen probably squeeze into a slightly smaller space.

Depends a lot on the size and shape of your table - ideally you will want at least 3 ft (1m) clearance around the table at all points to have room for seating/movement. You can get by on slightly less but not much. To seat ten players comfortably you would probably want to go with a traditional oval table that is at least 92 in. x 44 in. (234 cm x 112 cm.) So add 100 cm on each end and each side and you're looking at a space 4.34m x 3.12m.

4m x 3m could be squeezed in, but I wouldn't try to go any smaller than that. If your space doesn't work for that, you could always go to a smaller or round/octagonal table with a max of 8 players.

Depends on the size of your table. 2 meters room around the table on all sides is ok, I think. I think 1 meter is tight.

Assuming a full size 10 man oval table, a 4m x 3m setup will give you plenty of room. This would be the better layout for a cash game, where players can come and go and move around pretty much unrestricted (i.e. nobody gets stuck in the back while playing). If that space is a dedicated, fully walled off room (and not a smaller space within a larger room), it would probably be a good idea to go a little bigger to account for doors and such.

For what it's worth, I run both cash and tourneys and have a space slightly larger, ~4.9m x ~3.5m (the space has three walls, one long side is open and adjacent to another space with couches & such). My ideal setup is one table in the middle, but when I host larger, two table tourneys, I can fit two 10 man ovals in that space. It only leaves about 2' (.6m) around each table - it's tight and you get folks somewhat stuck on the back walls, but once everyone is seated it's comfortable. I'd love to have a larger space but here in Jersey real estate is expensive :)

Add two meters if your players are fat or unfriendly.[/QUOTE]

Add three meters if your players are fat AND unfriendly :)

My old room was 16' x 12' and it worked fine for a 7' x 4' oval.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom