How much is a Chanman table? Do they still sell to the "public" or only to businesses? (1 Viewer)

TrainerRed

High Hand
Reaction score
Hello. Before I found this forum, I was so close to buy a bad table and poor chips. Now I've started to research more since I wanted custom chips, and a premade table but good quality since they can get expensive. Everyone likes Chan's tables, but the website is unclear if they've stopped making tables for people this season or permanently, and now only do tables for businesses.
How much did they use to cost? Where are you ordering your tables from, or am I really skilled enough to do a decent table myself? Should I wait or could I do a table meanwhile?

@T_Chan is well respected a member here. Here is his vendor page which has examples of his past work: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/forums/chanman-poker-tables.44/

It sounds like things are very busy for him at the moment, and I believe he has suspended orders temporarily. I own one of his basic tables and absolutely love it. Several members own custom tables -- including a stunning one owned by @Windwalker -- and I have never heard any complaints about him or his work.

@T_Chan is well respected a member here. Here is his vendor page which has examples of his past work: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/forums/chanman-poker-tables.44/

It sounds like things are very busy for him at the moment, and I believe he has suspended orders temporarily. I own one of his basic tables and absolutely love it. Several members own custom tables -- including a stunning one owned by @Windwalker -- and I have never heard any complaints about him or his work.

Yes, I know he's a member here. I just didn't want to start a thread with his username as it would be like I'm actually asking him 1 on 1 in front of everyone.
I had to ask for the business name haha

Yes, I know he's a member here. I just didn't want to start a thread with his username as it would be like I'm actually asking him 1 on 1 in front of everyone.
I had to ask for the business name haha
Use the Private Message function (click on his member information and “Start A Conversation”).

Yes, he is so busy that his waiting list was getting out of control, so he temporarily suspended new orders. If his website is still showing that, then it is probably still in effect.

Everyone likes Chan's tables, but the website is unclear if they've stopped making tables for people this season or permanently, and now only do tables for businesses.
How much did they use to cost? Where are you ordering your tables from, or am I really skilled enough to do a decent table myself? Should I wait or could I do a table meanwhile?
If you haven't seen the thread, Tony announced on Sept. 14 that he was suspending new orders, and provided an update on the wait list in the thread. Looks like a handful of PCFers were able to get on the wait list with posts in the thread.

Check it out if you haven't already.

Also, I own a full custom Chanman table. You will not be disappointed if you're patient enough to wait on when @T_Chan is caught up and taking new orders again. The man will truly build your dream table.

I also own a custom Chanman Table. There is no feeling in the world better knowing you play on one of his tables. Superb quality, workmanship, and customer service. He is backed up, but it would definitely be worth the wait.

1638905844584.png

Tony, who will likely chime in himself, is busy with orders and works off a waitlist. I think his current lead time is 8mo +. Mines being built now and I ordered it in oct ‘20 but the delay was my fault as I had no home to place it in until now. ;)

The answer to your question is no, and yes. And the price range, it’s between $2-8k with the typical custom table costing probably around $5k cad. Mine will be $6k all in roughly.

Pretty sure Tony is not selling the basic tables anymore either, only custom tables now.

Chanman prices are on his website in Canadian dollar quotes. He does not do "basic" tables anymore. He is not currently taking non-commercial orders because his work queue is too long. He wishes it were otherwise, but has the responsibility to manage his business sustainably and with the highest of customer satisfaction.

I suppose this means that the secondary market for his tables just exploded.

Actually prices are no longer listed on our website. I removed them once we stopped taking orders since by the time we get to #1 on the waiting list, prices will likely change. If you dig deep enough on the site, you can find some pricing pages though since they're just "not visible".

Just before we stopped taking orders, prices started at $2495 CAD for something very basic and prices would vary depending on options you choose. Average price for a table is around $6k + shipping (CAD).

Yes, you can build something decent yourself if you're handy with tools and do a fair bit of research. For something basic, you don't need to find much info, but if you want to add lights, or go with fancy legs then that can be more challenging. Upholstery is the hardest, and most expensive part of a build.

If you want to be added to our waiting list, just send me a message and I can add you to it. We are at a minimum 12+ months though for lead time.

Just before we stopped taking orders, prices started at $2495 CAD for something very basic ...
To be clear, a "very basic" Chanman table is not all that basic (IMO). The gaming suede cloth is several steps above suited speed cloth, and the customized cloth design (2 hrs artwork included) makes the table truly unique to you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom