How many times would you punch a baby in its dumb face to avoid Comcast? (1 Viewer)

How many times would you punch a baby in its dumb face to avoid Comcast?

• 0 - Children are our future and I am at this moment sucking Comcast's teat

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • 1 - But I would make it count

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 2 - And in quick succession

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Xfinity - I am willing to join whatever organization is necessary to combat the menace of Comcast

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
I'm honestly still in a state of shock that I'm praising Comcast for anything.

Quick summary of my internet connectivity issues over the past 3 days:

Thursday, 11:00 a.m. -- internet connection drops with no notice. No obvious changes to environment. Laptop and router re-boot ineffective. Still have TV. Non-internet work to do on laptop, so put it aside for now.

Thursday, 5:00 p.m. -- still no internet connection. Call Comcast to get a signal refresh sent to modem, and see if they've been doing something in the area today. Charming customer service rep Nadia walks me through all the things I've done already, comes to eventual conclusion after 20 minutes that a Comcast service visit will be required (no charge). Schedules me for next available window, which is 5-7pm Saturday. Panicked at the thought of another 48 hours with no internet, I ask if I can take the router into local Comcast store for exchange (this has worked before, upgrading to new box). She agrees it may be worthwhile, and says she will call back before getting off-shift at 7 p.m. to see if the new box fixes the issue. So off to the horrendous Comcast store I go, 20 minutes away normally but it's the middle of rush hour....

Thursday, 5:45 p.m.-- surprisingly arrive at Comcast store 20 minutes later, get accosted in parking lot by some old customer I didn't remember but who recognized my truck (sorry, dude!), sign in, drop off router, and wait less than 5 minutes for a customer service rep to become available (record-shattering time, at least for me in this or any other Comcast store). Totally irresistible "Betty" with English accent walks me through the upgrade process to latest-greatest router (no charge) in less than 5 minutes and I'm back on the road. Seriously, first time I've ever left a Comcast store with a grin on my face. They should promote Betty to Senior World-wide President in Charge of Customer Service and have her personally train every.single.fucking.rep they hire.

Thursday, 6:30 p.m. -- plug in new router, call Comcast to activate, messages keep telling me to visit their internet page to activate (are you @#%ing kidding me?, if I could do that I wouldn't need activation...). Finally get the box up and running, but alas, no ONLINE light -- connection still not being made. TV still working. FML.

Thursday, 6:45 p.m. -- Lovely lass from Comcast (Nadia) calls to see if things are working and if scheduled service call can be canceled. Works with me for over a half-hour (and well past her scheduled shift end), but no-go on connectivity. I thank her for her help and courtesy, and she shrugs it off, thanking me instead for being a Comcast customer. WTF? Have these guys changed ownership or management teams lately?

Thursday, 11:50 p.m. -- Internet connection miraculously returns. WTF? Stays up until....

Friday, 11:00 a.m. -- Internet connection fails. FML. Stays down until....

Saturday, 1:30 a.m. -- Internet connection miraculously returns. Again. Stays up until....

Saturday, 9:00 a.m. -- Internet connection fails. Again. Holy shit, make up your mind, mo-fo.....

Saturday, 5:15 p.m. -- Comcast service technician shows up. It's his last call on what was probably a pretty busy (and likely unpleasant) Saturday. He's not overly friendly, but not unfriendly, either. All-business attitude (which I can appreciate), and wants to wrap this up so he can get home to family. Concerned about the pack of growling dogs he can hear chomping at the bit.

He takes a quick look at the outside house connection, determines the house wiring is likely just fine, as he diagnoses a problem with the signal coming from the street. Checks the signal at the street box, it appears fine. Declares that it might be the fittings or the cable itself, doesn't matter, he's replacing the entire cable run from street box to house connection (current cable is buried, so cannot be inspected). Has this task completed in less than 10 minutes, then another 5-10 minutes to check the (new) router and determine that settings/output/signal/quality/etc. are up to his satisfaction. Says he will schedule the new cable to be buried (different Comcast crew) at later date. Gone in less than 30 minutes, and with a hearty handshake and a smile on his face.

Saturday, 11:15 p.m. -- Internet connection still up, and BGinGA/PokerChipWidow are happy campers.... and happy Comcast customers. Collectively, they turned what could have been a nightmare experience into one that left a rather pleasant taste in my mouth on three different fronts. Wait, that didn't sound quite right...... but I do have to give each of them five stars for both effort and attitude.

Also, still have had pretty much zero issues with Comcast Business service at work. Changed from spotty AT&T service eight years ago and couldn't be happier. They even call me in advance when they think a nearby work project ~might~ affect the business. That's real proactive customer service.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom