How many of you have microwaved your warped chips. Be honest. (1 Viewer)

asam2006

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
I confess that in the past I have microwaved warped chips to flatten them and worse than that some of them have been Paulson chips. Would anyone else like to confess?

Probably better to deep fry in a cast iron skillet.

Worse, I read to oil chips - mix warm water with oil and soak chips in. I did it as a test on a brand new sample set of cpc rounders. Like an idiot, I boiled the water, took it off the burner and added the mineral oil. The chips came out soft like puddy. I didn’t know anything about chips, but it definitely felt like I committed a sin :( My confession...

Worse, I read to oil chips - mix warm water with oil and soak chips in. I did it as a test on a brand new sample set of cpc rounders. Like an idiot, I boiled the water, took it off the burner and added the mineral oil. The chips came out soft like puddy. I didn’t know anything about chips, but it definitely felt like I committed a sin :( My confession...
Oh my goodness!

LOL!

Thank you for sharing. This made me laugh. Thankfully it was only a sample set and not full rack of chips.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Did it work?

Well I had mixed results. I placed them between white ceramic blank chips, microwaved for a few seconds and then removed the warm stack and pressed them together. They were noticeably flatter but some had distortions of the molding and some were perfect. It depends on how long they’re heated. I gave up on it because it was too laborious.
Until now I’ve carried the shame with me.

I've tried a few different things in an attempt to soften up some brittle, crumbling Spirit molds. The red ones with blue spots on clearance at chipsandgames. Couple of tests involved putting them in water and microwaving. No results. Maybe I'll try it again more aggressively at some point.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom