How many chips can you shuffle.... (1 Viewer)

Tommy

Royal Flush
Admin
Supporter
Reaction score
How many chips can you shuffle consistently without them falling all over the place?
18 chips is my max. I can do 20 chips once or twice out of 10 tries but its sloppy. Can't believe how much difference 2 chips make (for me at least). I've seen some do 40 chips before. :eek:

I presume you mean 9 per stack for an 18 chip shuffle?

I've known roulette dealers who can shuffle 20 chips stacks repeatedly, but only with roulettes, using two hands, and only when standing at the table - sitting down apparently makes tall stacks harder.

I can do 20 about 8 times out of 10, but it makes my hand sore pretty quickly. I normally stick with 16 which I can do consistently without even thinking or ever looking down. Pretty much any time I sit at a poker table or my desk at home, 16 chips are being shuffled non-stop

I can shuffle 18 to 20 pretty consistently as long as they are Paulson THC mold. For some reason the RHC's don't seem to shuffle as well for me and I typically can only do 16 to 18. Oh and when I say 18 I mean total so two stacks of 9 chips shuffled into 18 etc.

I can shuffle a whole barrel of 20, but that makes my hands tired pretty quickly. At the table I shuffle sixteen regularly without paying attention.

Last night I could do about 12-14. I'm no shuffler.

That's about what I normally do anyway.

I can shuffle a whole barrel of 20, but that makes my hands tired pretty quickly. At the table I shuffle sixteen regularly without paying attention.

I'm pretty sure I remember seeing Annie Duke shuffling 40 chips on TV before. Crazy!

Typically 10-12 when playing, but can do 16-20 depending on the chips.

I have coordination of banana.

^^This. 12 if mint chips or otherwise crappy shufflers (sluggos etc,) 14 with "normal" chips (broken in but not "worn" Paulsons, CPC, BCC), 16-18 only with "perfect shufflers" right at that sweet spot (like HQ's Tropicanas.)

It's a lot easier with slightly lighter chips - one of the reasons I prefer ASM/CPC chips over Paulsons and TRKs. :)

I can do a barrel pretty reliably but not with either hand, and not if mint. Prolly arthritis limiting my ceiling...

16 is the best, especially if you do 8 of one denom and 8 of another, because after 3 shuffles, they're segregated again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom