How long do you expect your cards to last? (1 Viewer)

bsdunbar1

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
There are always exceptions, but in general how long do you use a 2 deck set-up?
Poker is played at my house 4-6 times per month. I use all the normal plastic cards you all use, I have been using the Desjgn's for a while and really like them. Obviously I use the set as long as I can before replacing them but was wondering what life span you all get.
On Average I would guess a 2 deck set-up lasts me 6-8 months? Thats a real guess because I have never kept track.
I usually toss them for card damage or sometimes just because the color starts to wear off or fade.

7487F500-D979-4995-98E2-CE3B775F033F.jpeg

I'm right there with you. 4 to 6 times a month, and I get around 8 months before needing to replace.

I haven't worn any out yet. 12 years and going strong. My Copags have faded a little on the face. I have Kems from the 50s that still see some play.

I rotate through 4-5 different setups for a game that runs once to twice a month. I try to discourage eating at the table to prevent the cards from getting sticky. The table we play on probably needs to be refelted as well. I take a setup out of rotation if they get too sticky or too warped up from play.

I expect a setup to last at least a few sessions each. So I would say around 2-3 months for each setup, with the rotation in place.

Bought about 25 of these setups when they were inexpensive and have been using them at least weekly for three years. Most are still going strong. A few have just started to fade. A few others have bowed, but not many. All in all, the best cards I have used.

Modianos, Copags and Fournier all faded horribly after about three months.

49131C33-1238-41D5-BF2C-1FC85FE40F93.jpeg

Bought about 25 of these setups when they were inexpensive and have been using them at least weekly for three years. Most are still going strong. A few have just started to fade. A few others have bowed, but not many. All in all, the best cards I have used.

Modianos, Copags and Fournier all faded horribly after about three months.

View attachment 237821
I don't know how they compare but I have 1 table that uses Bicycle Prestige. I don't like to use the same cards on two different tables.
I probably like the Prestige's a very close second to the Desjgn's.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom