How far would you drive??? (1 Viewer)

BPTDirector

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
To pick up a set of prime chairs for your setup. I have located an awesome deal for Gasser
4122D027-8B43-4309-A543-22B6280D035B.png
chairs at $20 each but they are 3 hours and a half away from me. So I’d have to rent a truck and make the trip. Would you do it??

To pick up a set of prime chairs for your setup. I have located an awesome deal for GasserView attachment 916466 chairs at $20 each but they are 3 hours and a half away from me. So I’d have to rent a truck and make the trip. Would you do it??
I rented a truck for a 3 hour round trip for $10/chair for 10 chairs that weren’t gassers but look/feel/function nearly the same. Not sure I’d do it for these but the heart wants what the heart wants so I’m rooting for you!

@BPTDirector how long have you been looking on the secondary market? IDK about IL but around eastern MA there's likely a better deal to come along if you waited.

Yup, I drove 3 hours each way, Boston to Albany, to pick up 8 gassers. Now, mine were $7.50 per chair, and they all fit in my car, so it was a deal I couldn’t refuse. So you have to do the math on the costs.
But if you’re asking if I’d drive 3 and a half hours for some sweet sweet red gassers? Hell yes!

I'd do a cost/benefit analysis.

Is the total cost/effort ($20/chair, 7-8 hours of your time, truck rental cost, fuel cost, etc.) worth it? Or is this a good deal with some FOMO at play?

Up here in Canada, population is much less dense so poker related deals are much harder to come by. If I didn't already have a set of gassers and saw a deal like this 3.5 hours away, I'd definitely jump on it. $20 up here gets you a real crappy folding chair.

To pick up a set of prime chairs for your setup. I have located an awesome deal for GasserView attachment 916466 chairs at $20 each but they are 3 hours and a half away from me. So I’d have to rent a truck and make the trip. Would you do it??
Depends on how many chairs, what the cost of truck rental, gas, etc are. But sounds like a great deal I'd probably do it

Me, @JRald07 and @Eazy paid a guy to drive 8 hurs round trip to pick up enough for all 3 of us. Well worth it!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom