How does buying and selling work over PCF? (1 Viewer)

JesseEkstrom789

Sitting Out
Reaction score
It seems like an obvious answer, but how to do buy and sell chips over the PCF? It seems just a little sketchy when you buy chips. How do you make sure you don't get scammed by the seller? Also what is the paying method? The only possible 100% guarantee I could think of is to go through eBay for their money back guarantee.

Because we are a community, it's not sketchy at all. Most sales are from senior members with tons of good feedback, but if your worried, just pay PayPal and pay the fee for goods and services....

We self police mostly and get the pitchforks, but rarely do deals go south.

It seems like an obvious answer, but how to do buy and sell chips over the PCF? It seems just a little sketchy when you buy chips. How do you make sure you don't get scammed by the seller? Also what is the paying method? The only possible 100% guarantee I could think of is to go through eBay for their money back guarantee.
For the most part the feedback system takes care of this. I have trusted a lot of people on this forum and have never been let down. There are exceptions to this but they are rare. I am happy to buy/sell with known forum members through PayPal Friends & Family and am happy to sell to newbies.

For the most part the feedback system takes care of this. I have trusted a lot of people on this forum and have never been let down. There are exceptions to this but they are rare. I am happy to buy/sell with known forum members through PayPal Friends & Family and am happy to sell to newbies.
WHY DO YOU POST HERE AND TEMPT ME WITH WESTWORLDS.

Or will it?

Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 1.42.22 PM.png

I have trusted a lot of people on this forum and have never been let down.
Actually that's not true. I sold some chips and donated the proceeds to a forum member who had fallen on hard times. He subsequently took money from forum members and ghosted the community. Still, this is a rare occurrence.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Or -- if you're old enough to actually play poker -- you could attend one of the frequent home games in your neck of the woods and meet some well-known PCFers, to develop trust in both directions.
Listen to the salty ol man, no idea about Laurel, but there’s quite a bit of awesome people over in Maryland.

You could probably skip weeks of work on finding samples, testing chips, etc., and just get to a semi local game where hosts and guests are usually more than happy to help educate and share. No idea if there’s openings or whether they allow brand new members, but it never hurts to ask. @FordPickup92 @Ben8257 this out by you and Kraftys amazing games?

edit: slipped my mind for a second, noones playing these days. Maybe when it all resumes...

I am from Laurel, north side right by the water tower at 216/29, our local PCF crew is top notch!!! As mentioned @krafticus is basically our ring leader. In my opinion he hosts the best game in town! Also @Highli99, @MikesDad, @longflop are also local hosts!!! Shout out to our PA crew and our quarterly annual game at @MegaTon44!!

Chips are amazing!! I have never had any issues with buying chips and never paid the pay pal fee. I trust our forum members, I have sent thousands of dollars out on a hand shake and never ever had any issues!!

Heck one time, there is a seller here that prefers checks to paypal. My older was $1800, i put that order in on Friday, they were on my step Saturday from vegas and I hadn't even sent the check yet!!! This is a seller That I had multiple transactions over $1000 each but if that's not trust for you... I don't k ow what is!!

Seriously I recommend attending local games, it is by far the absolute best part of PCF!!! If you would like to check out samples of basically every chip on the market past and present, you are always welcome at our home. Even if you are interested in playing lower stakes we host family friendly games for people to learn and have a good time!! Ms. @FordPickup92 and I reside in Finksburg, Md about 35 to 40 minutes from you! If you have any questions about anything feel free to contact me, I can shoot you my number in a PM! Welcome to the greatest forum ever if you are a true chip nut!! Most of us are proud to call our selves Scrub Donkeys!! If you decide you would like to attend a game let any of the above listed names know, our hit me up and I can let you know what's coming. Fellow chipper Ben

Last edited:
Buyer pays first, seller sends, buyer shames seller if not delivered.........but basically the shaming part doesn't exist because the seller comes thru.

My first deal on here was a year ago and I sent both chips and >300$ cash to a member who has >1000 posts here.
I figured it was unlikely that his goal in life was to make 1000 posts here with the goal of stealing 300$.
Never looked back since then. I've even sent harvested chips from Vegas BEFORE getting paid and not had a problem.

Basically, check number of posts, PM someone and see their feedback, and jump in head first.

I had these same reservations as you do when I first signed up. It can be difficult to overcome the hurdle for your first few purchases.

To be honest, when I made my first few sales, I also wondered what the other user must wonder about me. I have taken those opportunities to establish my reputation as a seller with integrity like others before me.

I've found a community here at worst. I've made friends and connections that were inconceivable to me when I started out. Don't worry. Do your checks, be selective maybe at first, ask around. There are many many senior members here that will respond to you with resolute answers.

I do find the feedback system to be of value when starting out. I've only been around a year, but I have done a fair bit of buying and selling. Although, once you are in and the place gets it's teeth into you, feedbacks go by the wayside. I've forgotten how many of my sales or purchases aren't recorded. I used to always chase around for feedback, but I stopped caring without realizing it. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

EDIT : and don't expect every seller to ship and respond the same way. I've been made to wait as much as 3 weeks before a shipment occurs after buying. Life can happen, and my impatience has landed me in a bad light in a couple instances. Remember you are dealing with a human on the other end and life can really put chips on the backburner. It's not intentional or personal, it happens. I'm still learning, but I just wanted to add that.

Last edited:
All fixed Larry... wish I could say stupid phone. It that was 100% operator error! I do apologize for the general association of the Scrub Donkey classification. Still your chippin buddy Ben

No apologies necessary, Ben -- just havin' fun.

But I really am not a fan of chops in poker... :cool

Last edited:
Check feedback ratings and specific feedback of a seller by going into their profiles. Ask for references. You can PM those that left feedback for that seller recently and ask if they're reputable. If you're still leary, add 3.5-4% to the asking price and pay with Paypal Goods and Services. Any seller worth their salt won't be insulted if you explain that you're new here and haven't built the mutual trust here with anyone yet.

I´m new here too, just made my first purchase, everything perfect (was a little worried because I paid in advance), you should look the reputation of the seller, and how active on PCF he is, that should work, but ultimately requires trust in the community.

I have already made about 8 sales on PCF. As a shipping cost is a nusance I have offered option for cheapest possible shipping.. No traking. Half of the people buying from me used that option. Everything was flawless exept one shipment to USA. I was worrying about my credibility as a seller but I knew that was not my fault. Few days ago problem was solved deus ex machina style. After two and half month package arrived, looked like it went through hell but product was intact. So have a little faith.

I have already made about 8 sales on PCF. As a shipping cost is a nusance I have offered option for cheapest possible shipping.. No traking. Half of the people buying from me used that option. Everything was flawless exept one shipment to USA. I was worrying about my credibility as a seller but I knew that was not my fault. Few days ago problem was solved deus ex machina style. After two and half month package arrived, looked like it went through hell but product was intact. So have a little faith.
Not questioning you, just saying that for shipments to the USA, you should definitely have tracking. Coming from Europe, your package will go through "ISC New York NY". Customs has been stealing peoples packages from there over the years and denying that they ever had them.

Not questioning you, just saying that for shipments to the USA, you should definitely have tracking. Coming from Europe, your package will go through "ISC New York NY". Customs has been stealing peoples packages from there over the years and denying that they ever had them.
Thanks for a hint.

Thanks for a hint.
Packages go to the ISC to enter the country and go through customs. When customs places a hold on it, the tracking shows "Held By Customs". But hundreds of packages every year get scanned at the ISC and then just disappear. I called the number for the ISC Monday morning for a package they had for over a week and they told me "we scan it and then it goes to customs - customs has it". I placed an online inquiry with customs stating that I needed to know what the status of that package was, and included the invoice from me ordering it (it was 4 decks of Fournier WSOP cards). They responded back to me in an e-mail stating they did not have it, and included a number I could call so they could tell me that the ISC was a postal service installation and not customs. I replied to that e-mail with a recording of my phone call with the ISC clearing stating that the ISC was nothing more than JFK airport and it gets that scan when the post office turns it over to customs. Two hours after I sent that email the postal service tracking showed it moved to the Queens NY distribution center - and 6 minutes after that I get another email from customs explaining that they never had it and it was always in the custody of the USPS at the ISC. Needless to say US customs agents are stealing people's packages and blaming it on the post office. Always get tracking.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom