How do you show in mixed games which game is played... (1 Viewer)

In the tourney its on the screen. In a cash game we just announce it.

Old school. It's a fixed rotation written on the dry-erase board with a Hi/Lo button on the table. If you can't tell what game it is by the number of cards you hold and those clues, it might be time to go. [emoji12]

There's only one 2-card game in my lineup and every week someone asks, "is this hold'em?"

every game i play here either the number of cards or structure of the betting makes it clear:

2 - NLHE
3 - stud 8/roll your own
4 (with blinds) - omaha 8/b
4 (no blinds) - criss cross/iron cross
5 - tahoe/palin/whatever (play exactly 2 or exactly 5 cards; split pot 8/b)

at NH/MA games, it's just announced, though a hi/lo button is used and is helpful since PLO and PLO8 are 4 cards and big-O and tahoe are 5 cards.

Our most consistent table has been Dealer's Choice circus games. We've never visually represented or indicated any game...dealer calls it and everyone else follows. We also have a "rectum tax" as a house rule that equals $.25 in microstakes, or 5% of a 100BB buy-in if we're playing a NL session. Any time you misdeal, bet out of turn, ask "what game are we playing" after it's been called, etc, you pay the rectum tax to the pot (because that's where your head was).

Most people pay attention and remember what game was called.

My friend made buttons (like dealer buttons) with the name of the game on it that is used during each different game type.

Cards.
mixed-game-cards-scan-3-1280-jpg.2277

From here: http://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/mixed-game-cards.3547/

I use PVC name cards (though I'm thinking about having them redone) for the rotations or Dealer's Choice:
overview-jpg.33746

When running Mixed Game tournaments I have the respective blinds and limits on the screen (there's a glaring error in this level that since got fixed):
6958_22_07_11_6_48_13.jpg

I use PVC name cards (though I'm thinking about having them redone) for the rotations or Dealer's Choice:
overview-jpg.33746

When running Mixed Game tournaments I have the respective blinds and limits on the screen (there's a glaring error in this level that since got fixed):
Nice brag post to show off your chips ;)

Invite for a game?

overview-jpg.33746

Those game placards look like they were harvested from live card rooms...

Nice brag post to show off your chips ;)

Invite for a game?
Whoops, were my chips in frame there? :oops:
To make it worse, it's actually a repost, but it's the only photo I have where they are easily visible.

Those game placards look like they were harvested from live card rooms...

I had these made by a company that does business signs. They are a little small though, and don't stack very well. That's why I'm thinking of having bigger ones done (and add more games).

Our most consistent table has been Dealer's Choice circus games. We've never visually represented or indicated any game...dealer calls it and everyone else follows. We also have a "rectum tax" as a house rule that equals $.25 in microstakes, or 5% of a 100BB buy-in if we're playing a NL session. Any time you misdeal, bet out of turn, ask "what game are we playing" after it's been called, etc, you pay the rectum tax to the pot (because that's where your head was).

Most people pay attention and remember what game was called.

I would go broke in this game.

We generally figure that if you can't remember which game's being played, we'll happily take your money, and you won't be back anyway.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom