How do you deal, physically? (1 Viewer)

Which hand do you deal cards with? (primary)

• Left handed, left hand

• Left handed, right hand.

• Right handed, right hand

• Right handed, left hand

• Ambidextrous, left hand

• Ambidextrous, right hand

• I have no hands

• Decline to answer

Results are only viewable after voting.

APatHand

Straight
Reaction score
Last night someone pointed out that I am right handed and deal with my left. This made me wonder about the rest of the dealing population.
So: Please pick the selection which best reflects how you distribute cards.

I’m left handed, hold the deck in my left, and pitch with my right.

Throwing is one of the few things I do right-handed though. Perhaps that’s why. I’m sure I could do it either way.

Last night someone pointed out that I am right handed and deal with my left. This made me wonder about the rest of the dealing population.
So: Please pick the selection which best reflects how you distribute cards.
I'm the same. I'm right handed and deal with my left hand. I also didn't notice this until someone pointed it out to me.

My dad and uncle do the same as you... right handed, but deal with left... very odd... to me at least.

There is a woman that plays 2/4limit frequently at Silver Seven's who has (real) finger nails approaching 9-10 inches by my best estimate. Watching this lady fumble with chips and checking hole cards is the most infuriating yet interesting thing that I have ever witnessed at a poker table...

With that in mind, I think "Unable to handle a deck of cards" should be an option.

My dad and uncle do the same as you... right handed, but deal with left... very odd... to me at least.

I'm the same - right-handed but deal with the left. I also throw a frisbee left-handed. My theory for this is that, having grown up playing sports, it is very ingrained for me, when throwing, to drive with the right leg, rotate the torso right-to-left, and step with the left leg. The most natural way to throw a frisbee is backhanded, or across the body, so throwing left handed maintains that very natural step-with-the-left, drive-with-the-right motion. My left-handed frisbee flick carried over to the motion I use for dealing cards.

I almost had a single choice called "I'm ambidextrous, bitches!", but opted for the ambi-right and ambi-left choices shown.

Interesting Question.
I'm right handed and as Dealer I only use the right hand for dealing cards but for handling chips I only use my left hand. No idea why.

I hold the deck in the left and deal with the right hand. I can't pitch cards well enough with my off hand. With enough practice I might be able to.

I'm the same - right-handed but deal with the left. I also throw a frisbee left-handed. My theory for this is that, having grown up playing sports, it is very ingrained for me, when throwing, to drive with the right leg, rotate the torso right-to-left, and step with the left leg. The most natural way to throw a frisbee is backhanded, or across the body, so throwing left handed maintains that very natural step-with-the-left, drive-with-the-right motion. My left-handed frisbee flick carried over to the motion I use for dealing cards.

We need a pic of this.....Not doubting you, just want to see the idiocy.......second pic includes her face.....let me guess:

48-58, bleached blonde, too much makeup, loses at poker.........nail it?

There is a woman that plays 2/4limit frequently at Silver Seven's who has (real) finger nails approaching 9-10 inches by my best estimate. Watching this lady fumble with chips and checking hole cards is the most infuriating yet interesting thing that I have ever witnessed at a poker table...

With that in mind, I think "Unable to handle a deck of cards" should be an option.

We need a pic of this.....Not doubting you, just want to see the idiocy.......second pic includes her face.....let me guess:

48-58, bleached blonde, too much makeup, loses at poker.........nail it?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom