How do you clean suited speed cloth? (1 Viewer)

Jeff

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
I was thinking I needed to replace the suited speed cloth on my main table and went a got some water and started to work on it.

This is what came up.
0BD13386-DF6D-4683-8D02-4E6E82E9A9EE.jpeg

I’m now motivated to apply some cleaner and maybe a little brushing. Before I wreck it...do any of you have cleaning products you’ve used that have worked???

Pour beer over the entire thing and let it dry, you wont know it is stained then :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: on a serious not i thought this was spill proof anyway? If not i might scotch guard mine before it gets used

There is something i and many have used for car seats called woolite, not sure if its globally available but its really good stuff

Jeff,

I replaced my felt, and had glue come through, too the point I thought the felt was ruined.. I used a light detergent and it came back nice. Gl.

Pour beer over the entire thing and let it dry, you wont know it is stained then :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: on a serious not i thought this was spill proof anyway? If not i might scotch guard mine before it gets used
I believe it is, so you probably don't need to do that.
But scotch guard doesn't make dirt disappear, in only keeps stuff from staining the fabric. So unless you're vacuuming or cleaning, whatever dirt, dust, dead skin or fly poop falls onto that cloth, will stay there, right?

O
I believe it is, so you probably don't need to do that.
But scotch guard doesn't make dirt disappear, in only keeps stuff from staining the fabric. So unless you're vacuuming or cleaning, whatever dirt, dust, dead skin or fly poop falls onto that cloth, will stay there, right?
Oh yeah sure i dont dispute that but it should make ot last alot longer and stop spills seeping in

I use spray laundry cleaner -- lightly apply a fine mist, let sit for 10 minutes, then sponge off with a damp sponge followed by pressing the felt with paper towels to soak up any remaining moisture. Let air dry (or could point a fan at it I guess, if in a hurry).

I've used both Shout and Spray & Wash with good results. Resolve Carpet Cleaner does magic if you have stains, but not normally needed on just typically dirty surfaces. I have avoided OxiClean and Clorox laundry cleaning products, being concerned about their possible affects on colors.

I'm going to go shopping for furniture fabric cleaner today and see what I can find. Given what others have said here...I'm thinking apply cleaner, scrub and work the cleaner in, then rinse with water, pat dry on the table. The rinse should come off pretty clear when I'm done.

Since there's closed cell foam underneath, don't think water is the enemy here, but I might take off the rail, which is more of a chore than it sounds. It's bolted on like a mofo. Table Builder put screws every 12 inches or so. Did a nice job if you want it to stay put through anything and everything.

I think the worst thing that happens should be that I need to re-order speed cloth. Which is what I thought I was in for anyway.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom