How do u clean your Chanman speed cloth? (1 Viewer)

Goldfish

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
So, it’s time to give my @T_Chan speed cloth a cleaning. Anyone have any recommendations for how to clean the felt without hurting it? Let me know. Thanks!

I believe he has said in the past you can just put it in the washing machine. Not sure about the dryer though.

INSTRUCTIONS UNCLEAR. ENTIRE TABLE IS NOW IN WASHER AND BASEMENT IS FLOODED

Add soap and then invite a bunch of young people over for a foam party for agitation.

You will have to use your imagination on where to find a sub to pump out the water. Its not something I am into or feel like googling for you. Perhaps you could make a friend at the party.

Add soap and then invite a bunch of young people over for a foam party for agitation.

You will have to use your imagination on where to find a sub to pump out the water. Its not something I am into or feel like googling for you. Perhaps you could make a friend at the party.
DONE. EVERYONE IS ENJOYING THE PARTY.

How dirty are we talking here? I've used a damp cloth (make sure it's not dripping wet) to clean it off and it's worked fine. Dries pretty quickly but I try not to leave puddles of water on it obviously. I've never had it seriously dirty or stained though.

I fear the day I'm going to have to take mine off to try to clean it. Tony needs to make a video to show me how to do it!

There is no way I can take mine off. It’s never coming off until it’s replaced.

For a deep clean, you can remove the cloth and put it in the washing machine. Hang dry, or very gentle low cycle.

For daily maintenance, use a vacuum with the brush attachment. Then just a damp rag with water and wipe it down to get anything the vacuum missed.

If you want a medium clean, you can add some dish soap to the water.

I fear the day I'm going to have to take mine off to try to clean it. Tony needs to make a video to show me how to do it!

Already done.

Removing the felt is not really an option. Way too much work. I will try rubbing it lightly with a damp cloth.

1623898428090.jpeg

Chanman is worth it:
ABB7C21D-4C9F-443A-9639-EB2D9218F898.jpeg

D0FB827E-1383-42E7-8547-ADE0B6FA1C46.jpeg

For a deep clean, you can remove the cloth and put it in the washing machine. Hang dry, or very gentle low cycle.

For daily maintenance, use a vacuum with the brush attachment. Then just a damp rag with water and wipe it down to get anything the vacuum missed.

If you want a medium clean, you can add some dish soap to the water.
Could we use detergent when putting the cloth in the washing machine? I have some nasty stains that dish soap + water just won't solve. Soda spills and hot cheeto fingers...

Could we use detergent when putting the cloth in the washing machine? I have some nasty stains that dish soap + water just won't solve. Soda spills and hot cheeto fingers...
We have a no food at the table rule…and we don’t even have a chanman table….yet….

Also, I’ve handed napkins to degens before as they walked in from break.

Yes, some detergent won't hurt it.

Bissel Pet2 Carpet Cleaner..... It has a wand attachment that would let you get to a stubborn stain.
I am going to buy A hand held steam cleaner. Has anyone tried cleaning the speed felt with one of these?

Reactions: Gil
I am going to buy A hand held steam cleaner. Has anyone tried cleaning the speed felt with one of these?
No, but I see no reason it wouldn't work. Just don't soak it and leave it. My first felts god mold/mildew in them because I put them away damp (probably a beer spill).

For spills and stains, warm water and Dawn soap did the job just fine. It completely got out a milk stain courtesy of my son.

For ordinary food crumbs and small flecks of stuff, a handheld vacuum works just great. Eufy has a good one on Amazon on sale for $40 (usually $60) that I really like.

So, I am in the process of steam cleaning my felt. If this pic doesn’t prove that poker players are dirty squirrels I don’t know what else would…
78158354-4C6A-456A-97AB-78F5F3A8AB8D.jpeg

white is a hard color to get clean, but generally speaking the felt looks a lot better than it did before. I wish I took a before pic as well…..
A56ED8D7-B168-449C-9CF8-981CB49B2961.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom