How could I have avoided getting my AA cracked? (4 Viewers)

upNdown

Royal Flush
Reaction score
I've gone over this one in my head a few times, maybe I missed something, I could have done better.

Pokerstars $15 PCF tournament

Effective stacks are 18,100K. Hero sitting on 23,600 - the fruits of his recent agression
8 handed, blinds are 30/60.

Hero is UTG with AAoff, raises 3x
fold
raise to 660
reraise all in 18,800
CO tanks for a bit and calls for his 18,100
button and blinds fold
hero calls, feeling lucky

Hands open up and its your typical AA v AKo v 85o
68J 4 5

I feel like I must have misplayed this one somehow.

You did nothing wrong; you're a 76% favorite. Embrace the variance and the idiots -- can't do anything about the first one, and the second ones make you money long-term.

The only 100% winning move with aces is not to play.

You did nothing wrong; you're a 76% favorite. Embrace the variance and the idiots -- can't do anything about the first one, and the second ones make you money long-term.

The only 100% winning move with aces is not to play.
I was just kidding Dave. I'm just steaming that somebody called a 4-bet all in for 300bb with 85o and got paid for it. I'm not complaining, because we want those calls, right? I'l keep telling myself that.

Also I've found with hands like that on p*, because I've had it happen, the only thing I've seen work is going all in preflop, seems ridiculous but I've sat and watched 5 hands in a row of KK AA QQ and they all went all in preflop nobody touched them. We were like 45 mins into the game, so not like the final table.

I also should have folded my AA pre. Same tournament, don’t remember the exact sequence but JJ 6-bet jammed, called by A-K, and me with AA. He was rewarded with quads on the flop. gg.

I also should have folded my AA pre. Same tournament, don’t remember the exact sequence but JJ 6-bet jammed, called by A-K, and me with AA. He was rewarded with quads on the flop. gg.
I was that guy :p

received_647032135861455.jpeg

My only play with A's is to shove pre flop and let it go from there. If someone calls then we flip a coin because most times its someone with K's or Q's. Realistically its just a coin flip vs other pocket pairs but honestly once they're turned if there's a couple AK calls you're pretty well Effed.

"How to play jacks"
I was actually thinking the line, "there's 3 ways to play them, all are wrong." way overbet jammed having the big stack a margin. Was banking on them not wanting to risk tournament life there & thought I was done as soon as I got one call.

And I was on the wrong side of a wild turkey hangover. That's my only defense. Was pure dumb luck!

I was actually thinking the line, "there's 3 ways to play them, all are wrong." way overbet jammed having the big stack a margin. Was banking on them not wanting to risk tournament life there & thought I was done as soon as I got one call.

And I was on the wrong side of a wild turkey hangover. That's my only defense. Was pure dumb luck!
Better than no luck I suppose lol

Its not a bad play honestly I mean what are the actual odds of AA vs JJ? It has to be marginal. Pre-flop you were at a disadvantage but after the flop its anyone's hand.

If you ever get AA of the same suit please let me know, I won't care if its 2:36 in the morning

This happened to us.
Open a new pack. About 10 hands in we say wow the hands are crazy tonight.

Next thing we know, almost everyone is all in next hand. It was something ridiculously crazy like straight vs trips vs quads vs straight flush. And then it hit us. There's something like TWO Ace of spades, and 2 queen of hearts.

The deck was obviously a defective deck. A ton of duplicate face cards were in there.

This happened to us.
Open a new pack. About 10 hands in we say wow the hands are crazy tonight.

Next thing we know, almost everyone is all in next hand. It was something ridiculously crazy like straight vs trips vs quads vs straight flush. And then it hit us. There's something like TWO Ace of spades, and 2 queen of hearts.

The deck was obviously a defective deck. A ton of duplicate face cards were in there.
Ohhh man... that's crazy. I wonder how often that happens? How did you guys proceed the game??

Yeah that was our first thought about it being a Pinochle deck. But it had 7s, 8s etc.

IIRC, the deuce to 6 was missing. Your wikipedia link above says that's another deck called piquet. But piquet has 32 cards, and our deck did have 52 cards and was labelled as an ordinary deck.

So they might have started with a piquet deck, then added duplicate face cards til there was 52. Someone's 1st day on the job. Surprise!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom