How can I make custom poker chips like these? (1 Viewer)

hailiax

Waiting List
Reaction score
A while back I saw these Origins Fortune chips which I thought looked really good. They’re not for sale anymore so I wanted to make a similar chip with full-chip design using gold/white foil. It looks like I’ll need to make/buy some clay chips and manually hot stamp them, but I was wondering if anyone knew of an easier process for making these chips or if anyone knows a vendor/person who could create these for a bulk (or not bulk) order for me and my friends.

DCDD197F-7B58-4991-868D-E82D43B45E4B.jpeg

Looking at their old fb page and the photos there, these appear to be run-of-the-mill ceramics. Check out @BR Pro Poker or @SUN-FLY Poker Chips. For a slightly lower quality, more economical option, I have no doubt that Tina (Chinese manufacturer) would be able to duplicate these reasonably well too.
I’ve never seen metallic dye on a ceramic. Is that really possible?

Two colors of foil is doable, but the alignment would be a bitch. You’d need a lot of extras for misalignment. Plus you’d never get that outer ring that close to the edge while still getting an even stamp in the middle. I agree with cpap, these look like ceramic.

A while back I saw these Origins Fortune chips which I thought looked really good. They’re not for sale anymore so I wanted to make a similar chip with full-chip design using gold/white foil. It looks like I’ll need to make/buy some clay chips and manually hot stamp them, but I was wondering if anyone knew of an easier process for making these chips or if anyone knows a vendor/person who could create these for a bulk (or not bulk) order for me and my friends.

View attachment 803715
I dont think it’s real foil, only a gardient giving the appearance of foil. If you look, the light part on each bunny falls on its’ hind section. If it was foil, it would appear differently on each chip depending on lighting.
These are very nice chips, I like the way they did the gradient.

Not foil. It’s easy to tell that is a gradient in the design to create the effect of reflection.

Not foil. It’s easy to tell that is a gradient in the design to create the effect of reflection.
yep.

Notice how the 'light' part of the reflection is always on the rabbits rear? that wouldn't happen in a real reflection.

I have other hobbies where people try to create metallic looks using metallics, it always suffers from this.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom