House of the Dragon (HBO) Thread (4 Viewers)

I never finished GoT (don’t @ me) but all of the advertising got me this time. Curious to see how this series plays out.
You need to finish GoT first!

B2ED1F74-0700-4B69-8C08-665E626E5B81.jpeg

It’s a prequel isn’t it? I’m sure it’ll spoil some GoT storylines but I don’t have the patience to go back and pick up GoT. If I like HotD enough maybe I’ll motivate me to.
It’s like Star Wars. Need to watch the original then the prequel then the sequel

I spent the last few weeks leading up to the show reading Fire & Blood after never finishing in back in 2018 when it came out. I'm super fucking hyped to see the story of the Dance play out and all the details filled in, and after last night am 100% on board with being back in Westeros.

Re: GoT spoiler potential, there really shouldn't be much, though as of the premiere it's clear they're definitely writing in some cool stuff to give the shows some connective tissue. But the conflict and stakes of what happens in this story (ish, not exactly sure how much of the story they'll get to in this season since they're for sure doing at least 2) happen so far in advance of the Mad King and Robert's Rebellion and everything in ASOIAF that it should be a non-issue. If anything you'll just miss out on some easter egg kind of stuff, but not a deal breaker.

I saw the episode last night. Would give it a solid 3 (of 5). Got potential.

Good:

- slowly paced. Not trying to force too much in there too quickly.
- the music. I’ve missed the na-na, na-na-na-na-na like crazy
- a few GoT referencies but nothing excessive

Not so good:

- no really good characters yet (maybe I’m just being impatient)

It’s a prequel isn’t it? I’m sure it’ll spoil some GoT storylines but I don’t have the patience to go back and pick up GoT. If I like HotD enough maybe I’ll motivate me to.
Honestly, I wouldn't do this. I'd watch GoT first. It's still one of the best TV shows I ever watched, flaws and all. Hot D might be a prequel but I think watching GoT is a better introduction into this world compared to Hot D through 6 episodes. I think it will give you a better understanding and appreciation of the prequel and not the other way around.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom