House Cups (1 Viewer)

EventHorizonVII

Two Pair
Reaction score
Has anyone ever done this? Couldn't find anything but I'd be interested in feedback.

Basically I will have side tables with cup holders and want to have cups that players kick the cost back to me. They fit, they aren't awkward and u store them, keep them clean and have them ready with their name and the logo I have on them.

One time buy and all I would be asking for is the cost of the cup. So like $10-15 bucks for a stainless insulated cup with a pivot lid.

Neat idea, but why insulated stainless steel cups? What are you guys drinking?

I would personably be a little miffed about asking to buy a cup to leave somewhere and not take home unless I was there everyday. Assuming you are looking at 6-10 cups I would just front it for my buddies. Your friends still might assume it's a gift if you don't explain. It would be pretty cheap just to get a set of glasses with your logo and no names for your poker room, which would also be pretty cool.

But I get it. I have a close group of friends where I would do something like this if I had a dedicated man cave/poker room. I would probably swing for a beer or whiskey glass though.

It would only appeal to me if you were also supplying the beverages (whatever those might be).

I generally take my own (coffee travel mug), so I typically don't need a dedicated cup at the poker game.

It would only appeal to me if you were also supplying the beverages (whatever those might be).

I generally take my own (coffee travel mug), so I typically don't need a dedicated cup at the poker game.

A good host certainly would. I have a fridge in the room that houses cold beer, soft drinks, water etc. Just something I have toyed with in thought. Less hassle for players and such. Making the vinyl and things is no biggie, my wife owns a Cricut. So what if she is missing a few pages of vinyl :whistle: :whistling:

Neat idea, but why insulated stainless steel cups? What are you guys drinking?

I would personably be a little miffed about asking to buy a cup to leave somewhere and not take home unless I was there everyday. Assuming you are looking at 6-10 cups I would just front it for my buddies. Your friends still might assume it's a gift if you don't explain. It would be pretty cheap just to get a set of glasses with your logo and no names for your poker room, which would also be pretty cool.

But I get it. I have a close group of friends where I would do something like this if I had a dedicated man cave/poker room. I would probably swing for a beer or whiskey glass though.

I agree, beer fits so easily in the holders so that can stay in the bottle, I have draft glasses too of course but I wouldn't make it a requirement. If you want one, awesome, if not, well heck that's fine too. Buying the cups isn't a big deal, I guess I am looking more at the idea of 'I have this special thing...thing'

We do have a dedicated mancave though, hell the wife says to me sometimes, "Don't you have things you could do downstairs?"

We do have a dedicated mancave though, hell the wife says to me sometimes, "Don't you have things you could do downstairs?"

Sounds like a keeper.

Someday my kids should move out right? Youngest is 3 months so maybe is 20 years or so? (n) :thumbsdown:

I like your vision; I think it's a cool idea for everybody to have their own personalized house cup. But it's your vision, so I think you should be the one to pay for them.

Rethinking this......

Depending on the ambiance of the venue, it might be sorta cool to have 'your' cup displayed along with all of the others -- on the wall, behind the bar, display case etc.... sorta like a badge of membership at the local hangout. Gets pulled down for your use when you're there, cleaned up and put back by the host afterwards. And when you're dead and gone, others will gaze upon it and kindly remember all of your epic suck-outs and friendly banter.

I sorta like the idea now. Pay for them out of the rake.

Yeah the Green Turtle, Appalachian Brewery and other places have ceramic mugs. You buy it for $50 and it hangs over their bar. You get certain microbrew specials and I think there’s a weekly gathering, things like that.

My guys drink beer from a bottle. I’ve considered a beer meister and if I went that route the cups would be a great idea.

Yeah the Green Turtle, Appalachian Brewery and other places have ceramic mugs. You buy it for $50 and it hangs over their bar. You get certain microbrew specials and I think there’s a weekly gathering, things like that.

My guys drink beer from a bottle. I’ve considered a beer meister and if I went that route the cups would be a great idea.

That is part of where the idea comes from. I home brew, they home brew. I've considered converting a large side by side in to a 4 tap kegregator because, why not?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom