Hotstamping (2 Viewers)

beaver

Two Pair
Reaction score
I've been toying with the idea of getting myself a roulette table, and of course a hot stamped set of solid CPC chips to go with it. I tried to do some searching, but there isn't much info on the process of hot stamping here (also getting a bunch of database errors on CT right now...). What kind of cost am I looking at for stamping? Probably looking at about 800 to maybe 1000 chips. I would be doing a custom die, but would only need one as every chip will be stamped with the same thing. Again, I have no idea the cost of that either. I know its been discussed before, but I don't recall ever reading about rough prices for any of this stuff. Are there any issues I should be aware of with hot stamping?

Message cgraham86 on CT and he should be able to help you out.

PM monkeydog here and he can help you. He does great work. Meatboy also, not sure if he is stamping for others or not. They will need to know what mold.

PM monkeydog here and he can help you. He does great work. Meatboy also, not sure if he is stamping for others or not. They will need to know what mold.

ditto on PMing monkeydog. he did my most recent set (for which i've still not posted proper pr0n) and did a fantastic job. very reasonable price and obviously very solid (pun intended) work.

Hkgnva0.jpg

SsA33Em.jpg

They turned out great! I remember you commenting on the reason for "The Clemont Lounge" on CT...

Don't know much about the process of HS but is it safe to assume monkeydog created just one die for the logo and he had the denoms?

I am also considering hotstamping solids...

ditto on PMing monkeydog. he did my most recent set (for which i've still not posted proper pr0n) and did a fantastic job. very reasonable price and obviously very solid (pun intended) work.

Hkgnva0.jpg

SsA33Em.jpg

They turned out great! I remember you commenting on the reason for "The Clemont Lounge" on CT...

Don't know much about the process of HS but is it safe to assume monkeydog created just one die for the logo and he had the denoms?

no we did a die for each denom, but the dies were very reasonable in price imo.

there is a process for hotstamping with a single design element with interchangeable denoms. i believe they're called slug dies. i've seen one set using this process and i don't know if it was a poor job by the stamper (not monkeydog or meatboy) or a function of the die, but the ultimate stamp was not sharp and clean. stamping is such a delicate process that i would imagine you wouldn't want any variance in the depth of the die itself and that variance is pretty much unavoidable when you are using slug dies.

It makes total sense... MD did a great job... PMing him right away... Ty...

no we did a die for each denom, but the dies were very reasonable in price imo.

there is a process for hotstamping with a single design element with interchangeable denoms. i believe they're called slug dies. i've seen one set using this process and i don't know if it was a poor job by the stamper (not monkeydog or meatboy) or a function of the die, but the ultimate stamp was not sharp and clean. stamping is such a delicate process that i would imagine you wouldn't want any variance in the depth of the die itself and that variance is pretty much unavoidable when you are using slug dies.

What have you paid for this set?

not a lot, but it depends on what you include. with everything (blanks, design cost, stamping, dies) it's prob just under $1k.

the blanks are actually still around if you want to go searching. maybe not the most sought-after colors, but if you're looking for a playable set of MGK blanks for stamping, they're out there.

Hkgnva0.jpg

SsA33Em.jpg

This is the first I have seen of these, they turned out great!!

Do you have a prone thread that I missed?

This is the first I have seen of these, they turned out great!!

Do you have a prone thread that I missed?

thanks! no other thread, but i'll be posting one soon. been saying that for a while i guess, but hopefully it's true :) still gotta oil them up.

Hkgnva0.jpg

SsA33Em.jpg

Man, those came out SICK, Jack! I'm about to dive into the world of solid hotstamps as well very soon.

I feel like a poacher trying to pick off new chips to add to the Custom Chip Database. Like a baby being born in a hospital, they play the lullaby music. PCF needs the same (but the sound of chips being shuffled).

Clermont Lounge chips added to the database. What kind of chips are those, and who should receive art credit?

I feel like a poacher trying to pick off new chips to add to the Custom Chip Database. Like a baby being born in a hospital, they play the lullaby music. PCF needs the same (but the sound of chips being shuffled).

Clermont Lounge chips added to the database. What kind of chips are those, and who should receive art credit?

They are BCCs on the MGK mold, and, if I remember correctly, I believe Johnny5 did the art, but jbutler would need to confirm.

jbass has it right. not sure if you keep records on the stamping (which i think you should if you are giving credit to the manufacturer and the designer), but as noted above, monkeydog (Collin) did it.

jbass has it right. not sure if you keep records on the stamping (which i think you should if you are giving credit to the manufacturer and the designer), but as noted above, monkeydog (Collin) did it.

I am keeping records on the stamping too. When I post the quarterly thread (4th Quarter, 2014 is out now) I want more than just the pr0n. I want people to be able to say "holy-freaking-Spaghetti Monster, I want that" and know how and where to get it.

I swear it was on this site that I saw a picture of a chip with a clear label that made it look like it was hot stamped, but I could not find that post in the search. Does anyone have any information on these, who made them, etc?

Unfortunately, Chipshippie has been out of commission following a bad accident. He was my go-to plan for the cash game portion of my CPS chips. Now I need to find an alternative.

Do you happen to know if he's alright?

It was pretty serious. There was discussion of lost sight, which may or not have been temporary.

Still wishing the best for him and his recovery. Great guy with a great heart.

It was pretty serious. There was discussion of lost sight, which may or not have been temporary.

Still wishing the best for him and his recovery. Great guy with a great heart.

Oh wow. I knew that there was something personal in his life that was keeping him from printing, but I had no idea how serious it was and I wasn't going to pry into it. I've only spoken with him a couple of times, but he seems like a very nice guy.

Best wishes for you, Chipshippie. We're all pulling for you.

Very nice, wish I would've bought some mgk blanks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom