SOLD Hotstamped solids, red. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

brains613

Flush
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
For sale are a few racks of red solids. Price $90/rack.

Some caveats:

These are a mixed bag, so to speak.
- The hotstamps are all the same, $5.00 on one side, capital letters MJE on the other.
- Some of the hotstamps are still good, but many are not.
- MOST of the chips are in really good shape, but a few are not.
- They may LOOK pink in these pics, but they are red. I am including pictures of some that have been cleaned and oiled, to give you an idea of their potential. However, this is NOT NECESSARILY indicative of what you can achieve. I just grabbed some at random when I was planning on cleaning/oiling them all.
- There are a few warped chips. Not many, but I noticed a few while racking them for photos.
- The rack pics were taken with my cell phone, and with the flash function turned ON. (hope that helps)

WYSIWYG - This is more fitting than usual. The racks are labeled. If you want one, please identify the SPECIFIC rack you want. I will mail you THAT ONE. The two chips outside the rack in each pic were pulled from the middle barrel at the top, and flipped to show both sides. They ARE NOT indicative of the condition of all the chips in the rack. I have not picked over them to put good ones together, or anything like that.

***NOTE*** Buyers are taking a little bit of a risk here, so I'm going to try to mitigate that somewhat. I'm listing these by the rack, but for each rack purchased, I will included TEN other random chips, to offset any that end up being unusable. Buy a rack, and you'll get 110 chips in the mail. By two, you get 220, and so on...

I hope that all makes sense. I'm trying to be as transparent as possible. Feel free to post or PM me with any questions

First, some examples. here are ten uncleaned chips on the scale.

Uncleaned reds.jpg

Here are ten chips that have been cleaned and oiled.

Cleaned and oiled reds.jpg

Comparison between some that have been cleaned/oiled, and some that have not.

Some cleaned some not.jpg

Okay. On to the actual chips for sale.
This is all of the racks. Individual pics will be posted as well. (Note - I don't think the warping is THAT bad on any of the chips to show those gaps. That is a product of using racks that don't fit 20 a barrel very well. I slightly elevated the racks in the individual pics to counteract this. I put about a third of the deck of cards in a stack, and put the back lip of the rack on that. So in all the pics below, everything is inclined toward the camera.)
PXL_20221025_160544430.jpg

Ace of Diamonds Rack -
PXL_20221025_161220049.jpg

TWO of Spades Rack -
PXL_20221025_161419918.jpg

Ace of Clubs Rack -
PXL_20221025_161532056.jpg

Ace of Hearts Rack -

PXL_20221025_161610800.jpg

TWO of Hearts Rack -
PXL_20221025_161646624.jpg

Ace of Spades rack -
PXL_20221025_161745665.jpg

Remember, the two chips on the cards go back in the rack. That's why the middle barrel in each looks light.

Attachments

• PXL_20221025_161220049.jpg
    PXL_20221025_161220049.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 46
This MJE person must have had a lot of red chips. For some reason I have a random barrel of these. Good luck with the sale.

1666747949875.jpeg

This MJE person must have had a lot of red chips. For some reason I have a random barrel of these. Good luck with the sale.

View attachment 1013159

That's wild! My denoms are slightly different. I have a dollar sign, and smaller zeros with a line underneath. But that does reinforce my theory that the E in MJE was for "Entertainment", as opposed to , like , "Evans".

View attachment 1013159
My guess is they might be used for an underground poker game or for a poker club

There’s a lot of these solid THC with $ at one side and initial at the other side, I remembering there’s is a lot with MVR POL if I remember correctly

That's wild! My denoms are slightly different. I have a dollar sign, and smaller zeros with a line underneath. But that does reinforce my theory that the E in MJE was for "Entertainment", as opposed to , like , "Evans".
These chips are from the Branchville Volunteer Fire Department charity game that used to operate in Branchville, MD. Although, I have not seen the chip without the '$'. The 'E' stands for Eddie (one of the operators of the game).

http://cgcm.themogh.org/cg_chip2.php?id=MDCPBV

These chips are from the Branchville Volunteer Fire Department charity game that used to operate in Branchville, MD. Although, I have not seen the chip without the '$'. The 'E' stands for Eddie (one of the operators of the game).

http://cgcm.themogh.org/cg_chip2.php?id=MDCPBV

I feel like I might have known that at some point, but those are the exact ones I have, and around the geographical area I acquired them. Thanks for the link!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom