Hotstamped cash - set (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Well, its that time of year again where the urge for a custom set arise again. This time, the funds are ready for a 500 chip set from CPC (wallet will never really be ready, but oh well)
The set is supposed to cover 1/2 so the 4 denoms I am going for are 1-5-25-100

I have some stuff mocked up chip wise with 2 criteria in mind. the 5's has to be black base and the chips need to be hotstamped. (I do realise the 25 in this case is also non standard color)
Sample sets of colors are on their way, but in the meantime, I am looking for ideas for a potential 100 but also critique on the current line up (first custom set, bound for itteration and mistakes)
that leads me into a question. How would I go about designing a hotstamp I like? I also didn't quite understand the prizing for hotstamping on the CPC site so if someone would be kind and explain to a dummy how it works it would be greatly appreciated

That's all for now, thanks for looking!

Attachments

• 44f7842e-3e0d-4a25-896d-785f9600113a.png
    44f7842e-3e0d-4a25-896d-785f9600113a.png
    241.1 KB · Views: 131
Feedback time! :)
Your $1 is incredibly boring compared to the $5. So is your $25.

When I start a fantasy set from scratch I try to make the chips progressively exciting. You can do that with a more complex spot patter and/or with more different colors on the chip. Your $1 has one color, your black chip has 4 and your $25 has 3.

Again: this is my approach and you do whatever works for you. There are no rules here.

Feedback time! :)
Your $1 is incredibly boring compared to the $5. So is your $25.

When I start a fantasy set from scratch I try to make the chips progressively exciting. You can do that with a more complex spot patter and/or with more different colors on the chip. Your $1 has one color, your black chip has 4 and your $25 has 3.

Again: this is my approach and you do whatever works for you. There are no rules here.

Thanks!
yeah, I can agree that the 5 is 100% the most interesting out of them, mainly because that is the one I mostly know what I wanna do with. I have always dreamed of a nice black workhorse chip with bright spots, but playing at stakes which would make that possible with regular denoms aint something I will likely ever do.
I had been looking at tri-moon for the 1's but from what I gathered, most people tend to hate them around here :D

Looks like you have to email and ask specifically for hot stamping prices now. They do have some stock dies or you can use a custom design. The second will obviously be more expensive. You could also buy blanks from CPC and pay someone on here that offers stamping services like @Josh Kifer for instance.

As for the design I’d have to agree with @OfficerLovejoy The hundo looks very nice but the others need some work. Dunno if you’re just starting out and only happen to begin designing on the A-mold, but I would consider another mold. Definitely get a mold sample set and decide for yourself. Not all CPC molds are created equally.

You do what works for you. Some of the most incredible custom sets don't follow many of the "rules" that have been established around here.
I think it's the right idea to create your workhorse chip first and make it incredible. You then try to match the denoms around it to make a cohesive set.

Looks like you have to email and ask specifically for hot stamping prices now. They do have some stock dies or you can use a custom design. The second will obviously be more expensive. You could also buy blanks from CPC and pay someone on here that offers stamping services like @Josh Kifer for instance.

As for the design I’d have to agree with @OfficerLovejoy The hundo looks very nice but the others need some work. Dunno if you’re just starting out and only happen to begin designing on the A-mold, but I would consider another mold. Definitely get a mold sample set and decide for yourself. Not all CPC molds are created equally.
It was more that I didn't quite understand what a die would be. Thats my main gripe with the site
as for molds, a sample of those are also coming, Havent begun thinking about molds yet (this is all very early)

It was more that I didn't quite understand what a die would be. Thats my main gripe with the site
as for molds, a sample of those are also coming, Havent begun thinking about molds yet (this is all very early)
Dies aren't easy to price out, bluntly. Even I don't know how much they will cost until I get the bill. But I know CPC charges differently then I do. Email David. He's normally quick to respond.

Dies aren't easy to price out, bluntly. Even I don't know how much they will cost until I get the bill. But I know CPC charges differently then I do. Email David. He's normally quick to respond.
Maybe I am just stupid at explaining. but what is a die? thats the problem I am having atm. Basically, would I need 4 different dies for 4 chips if they are all different denoms? Hopefully that clarifies what I am asking about haha

Maybe I am just stupid at explaining. but what is a die? thats the problem I am having atm. Basically, would I need 4 different dies for 4 chips if they are all different denoms? Hopefully that clarifies what I am asking about haha
Stämpel

A die is the metal piece with the design on it. You'll need one for each change you'd want.
IMG_20220527_170929.jpg

If you'd want one design, that's one die. If you'd want one design and a custom denomination on the other side (frac/1/5/25/100) that would be six dies.....

A die is the metal piece with the design on it. You'll need one for each change you'd want. View attachment 1069632

If you'd want one design, that's one die. If you'd want one design and a custom denomination on the other side (frac/1/5/25/100) that would be six dies.....
thanks for the clarification!
so with 4 different denominations and the denom on both sides, it would be a total of 4 dies. Now off to think of a design with text and denoms :D

Thanks!
yeah, I can agree that the 5 is 100% the most interesting out of them, mainly because that is the one I mostly know what I wanna do with. I have always dreamed of a nice black workhorse chip with bright spots, but playing at stakes which would make that possible with regular denoms aint something I will likely ever do.
I had been looking at tri-moon for the 1's but from what I gathered, most people tend to hate them around here :D
You like your $5, so that's where you start. I think your $25 has an interesting enough spot pattern with progression, if that's important to you. It's just the colors that are boring. Keep trying with different colors (and other spots) until you get something you are happy with, then go from there on to the $100.

Regarding tri-moons, SOME PEOPLE who are very vocal don't like them. Others do like them. Don't base your decision on someone else's opinion. Personally, I think a tri-moon $1 with a single color of spots would look great with your $5.

So another mockup (before receiving the sample sets, so all subject to change, and will most likely change)
but the idea for the not so nice 100 atm is that it would have a color from each previous chip to kinda tie it all together? is that something that has been done before to success?
Either way, different variations for the 1's and 5's which some goes better together with the 25 (the 100 isnt really something I know how to do well) but the spot patterns should be more progressive this time around

Attachments

• de5d49ff-11ae-43bf-a5c4-6eea5c714dd3.png
    de5d49ff-11ae-43bf-a5c4-6eea5c714dd3.png
    316.3 KB · Views: 79
So another mockup (before receiving the sample sets, so all subject to change, and will most likely change)
but the idea for the not so nice 100 atm is that it would have a color from each previous chip to kinda tie it all together? is that something that has been done before to success?
Either way, different variations for the 1's and 5's which some goes better together with the 25 (the 100 isnt really something I know how to do well) but the spot patterns should be more progressive this time around
Nice improvement of colors on the $25 and I love the Imperial Blue hundo! Do you intentionally have lavender in 3 of the 4 chips? (if using the tri-moon $1 and the first $5) You might consider changing that up a bit. I'd probably go with the second black $5 over the fist one.

Nice improvement of colors on the $25 and I love the Imperial Blue hundo! Do you intentionally have lavender in 3 of the 4 chips? (if using the tri-moon $1 and the first $5) You might consider changing that up a bit. I'd probably go with the second black $5 over the fist one.
yeah, plan was if I go the lavender 1's I go the second $5. But yes, its intentional that the 100's have a color from each of the previous denoms in it! glad you like the improvement

Yes, I did this on my 25k, each spot is the base color of all the different chips. It's one of my favorite chips.
LLvuczFW_8ybEcN5Rql6iqIDcUs2fIWDoqNqkiAqlNA8otVXhfAMDkETKhv-XpH3W4xiJpBlr4vY3gZN60qdZRpfL_hgVsnfV2rsSCdIaVKrVa4h5TUjaHLFREpdl9N8bLKym_6eOJxsZQjTdzDlDZlx7svqlbqRb_NGHXZBqVHOyNC6OPrwkyLssW2vp-_R0pjKnDKLImSTyhjheWj0gz615ccTwuuOQfQhMg5PiUPPC03DnT_VABHuKFHtshlnA6aCHhBoI6-1hkvXPAGGb3Nk5RVB9VYBboQ7KzlNENeUuvCgNxaY01s2Sdn9GqeiH-VAAi-br0lrxf5GdVZJGLRywetK98MiHaG24msq4Di8OagtVefhvTFvxroK602YNiOWJx86GnrImW5rtY2g3AuZjzVn1AVyMvYXIM965imeVtrnBTZz5_ZksbnoXGPYtZcuxpq2PuJnQpSQlTj5MYZWe-ZVZyw75lqq3G4Z9TkuqIG3xvhub5jtUKkA4F1YwLjG7Pw_vkedlkICNGWSyn9vaI29A4PDMYLOL-R-tuCe2_xHANG1Ylc9z12E00q1BQLPdU88YMrlcPO6hiqXEnlSoHCH0HwSjNci1pWqgCvJ1O3ghfgv07-0IlKCCCgYy_b7gQagKWk1rHc_1wQpy_2KIkfj4UabwK8knQVvNQCRxYYvbWfX0haDDVIVNZGyLXWHOCwB4IoOXb_CyEXS_brBKdw5wfPpB5VBO5Uz9LnLFZqa-9zUZxcCL1ldGBFwVcumdV_NRDv5Jxczp-uhqb-Xb3ED1dyFQrYWsp45g1oDGj_gIQLO4GknOE5JekEvdAuWVapikOiyFKzyZ_KdrLySKBgPf49Ox0iJv2iCKS1S4lYtqj6iZlNwpDFeoDghvSdIizhOMtK7-nxPn2c4HD0k5zmGQlMzkBp4WMG89fOsXX6yKGGYEfQb_T9R-B8UBjll4qdKQjRgycMC_930Kg=w1648-h927-no

for the stamping I would recommend one of the members that does stamping over CPC. @Josh Kifer does excellent work.

Yes, I did this on my 25k, each spot is the base color of all the different chips. It's one of my favorite chips.
LLvuczFW_8ybEcN5Rql6iqIDcUs2fIWDoqNqkiAqlNA8otVXhfAMDkETKhv-XpH3W4xiJpBlr4vY3gZN60qdZRpfL_hgVsnfV2rsSCdIaVKrVa4h5TUjaHLFREpdl9N8bLKym_6eOJxsZQjTdzDlDZlx7svqlbqRb_NGHXZBqVHOyNC6OPrwkyLssW2vp-_R0pjKnDKLImSTyhjheWj0gz615ccTwuuOQfQhMg5PiUPPC03DnT_VABHuKFHtshlnA6aCHhBoI6-1hkvXPAGGb3Nk5RVB9VYBboQ7KzlNENeUuvCgNxaY01s2Sdn9GqeiH-VAAi-br0lrxf5GdVZJGLRywetK98MiHaG24msq4Di8OagtVefhvTFvxroK602YNiOWJx86GnrImW5rtY2g3AuZjzVn1AVyMvYXIM965imeVtrnBTZz5_ZksbnoXGPYtZcuxpq2PuJnQpSQlTj5MYZWe-ZVZyw75lqq3G4Z9TkuqIG3xvhub5jtUKkA4F1YwLjG7Pw_vkedlkICNGWSyn9vaI29A4PDMYLOL-R-tuCe2_xHANG1Ylc9z12E00q1BQLPdU88YMrlcPO6hiqXEnlSoHCH0HwSjNci1pWqgCvJ1O3ghfgv07-0IlKCCCgYy_b7gQagKWk1rHc_1wQpy_2KIkfj4UabwK8knQVvNQCRxYYvbWfX0haDDVIVNZGyLXWHOCwB4IoOXb_CyEXS_brBKdw5wfPpB5VBO5Uz9LnLFZqa-9zUZxcCL1ldGBFwVcumdV_NRDv5Jxczp-uhqb-Xb3ED1dyFQrYWsp45g1oDGj_gIQLO4GknOE5JekEvdAuWVapikOiyFKzyZ_KdrLySKBgPf49Ox0iJv2iCKS1S4lYtqj6iZlNwpDFeoDghvSdIizhOMtK7-nxPn2c4HD0k5zmGQlMzkBp4WMG89fOsXX6yKGGYEfQb_T9R-B8UBjll4qdKQjRgycMC_930Kg=w1648-h927-no

for the stamping I would recommend one of the members that does stamping over CPC. @Josh Kifer does excellent work.
those 5's are really clean! thanks for showing an example!

Do you have a thread for this set? Please post a link if you do. Very interested in seeing some more pics.

I'd like to point out to @PsychoFeather that it appears you also broke another cardinal rule around here. It looks at though you are using the same set as both a cash set and a tournament set. Point being that there are no hard and fast rules. They are your chips. Do what you want.

I've considered doing something similar. Making one continuous set with matching inlays for both cash and tournament. However, I would still use currency symbols on mine, and would stop at $20 for the cash chips and pick up with T25 for the tournament. Then if needed (I never have so far...) I could use the T100 and up for cash if I ever had a game go big enough. Or I create a second hundo with currency and one without. But your idea works well too, to just ignore currency symbols.

Do you have a thread for this set? Please post a link if you do. Very interested in seeing some more pics.

I'd like to point out to @PsychoFeather that it appears you also broke another cardinal rule around here. It looks at though you are using the same set as both a cash set and a tournament set. Point being that there are no hard and fast rules. They are your chips. Do what you want.

I've considered doing something similar. Making one continuous set with matching inlays for both cash and tournament. However, I would still use currency symbols on mine, and would stop at $20 for the cash chips and pick up with T25 for the tournament. Then if needed (I never have so far...) I could use the T100 and up for cash if I ever had a game go big enough. Or I create a second hundo with currency and one without. But your idea works well too, to just ignore currency symbols.
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/ragr-cpc-diasqr.94417/

I've been thinking about doing a secondary 25 to create some separation, but we generally get so few $25s on the cash table they are very easy to keep track of. Could also do t100 base tournaments and there would be no overlap. But yeah, I would say don't follow anybody else's rules and do what you like. There can be good feedback around dirty stacks, but otherwise my chips my design decisions.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom