Hot Stamping

Tommy

Royal Flush
Admin
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Palm does hot stamping?

Reactions: Dan

BGinGA

Royal Flush
Tourney Director
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Palm does hot stamping?
They do, but not all chips can be hot-stamped (china clays or ceramics, for instance). No problem with hot-stamping ABS chips. Not sure if they have the right equipment for hot-stamping compression-molded clays.

Tommy

Royal Flush
Admin
Reaction score
I wanted to get some TRKs hot stamped.

BGinGA

Royal Flush
Tourney Director
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then I'd highly recommend somebody who's hot-stamped TRK blanks before. Not worth risking irreplaceable chips.

Tommy

Royal Flush
Admin
Reaction score
Gotcha. PAZ told me someone in Germany has done it but could not remember who.

BGinGA

Royal Flush
Tourney Director
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meatboy, I think. Might try contacting cgraham or monkeydog, too.

LabMonkey

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I asked cgraham about a year ago about hot-stamping some TRK blanks, but he declined saying his equipment couldn't stamp them effectively. Monkeydog wasn't able to stamp them either. I suspect the material is getting harder with age (I remember JimB saying this happens to ASM chips also). Meatboy is the only one I haven't tried, but I did see he stamped some quarters for someone's Nevada Club set last year.

Tommy, are you looking for Kings Crown fracs or non-denoms? If so, we might be able to trade.

Mr Tree

Straight Flush
Reaction score
I asked cgraham about a year ago about hot-stamping some TRK blanks, but he declined saying his equipment couldn't stamp them effectively. Monkeydog wasn't able to stamp them either. I suspect the material is getting harder with age (I remember JimB saying this happens to ASM chips also). Meatboy is the only one I haven't tried, but I did see he stamped some quarters for someone's Nevada Club set last year.

Tommy, are you looking for Kings Crown fracs or non-denoms? If so, we might be able to trade.
Yeah, David has confirmed that ASMs become harder to hotstamp with age. Not sure if the same applies to TRKs or not

BGinGA

Royal Flush
Tourney Director
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would suspect that older TRK and Paulson chips (and BCC, maybe to a slightly lesser degree) would harden less with age and be easier to stamp than older ASM chips -- simply because they are softer (+1 for lead content) to begin with.

ASM, Burt Co., and C&J/THC chips all seem to get very hard after many years. All lead-free.

maxim_666666

Straight
Reaction score
I read somewhere an interview with Jim, and he said that Asm have not used lead.
Perhaps the problem is in the process of oxidation of the surface.
But with ASM chips that have already been in the game is almost 90% will fail.

warewulf

Flush
Reaction score
The main problem with stamping TRK is they barely have a recess. To do it right, you have to get it perfect and then be able to scrape them. Much easier to stamp a chip with a deeper recess.

Chips stamped by TRK were perfect. I had some done by BCC. They were ok, but not scraped as well. Also had some older ASM Nevada mold stamped by BCC with mixed results. Seemed to be different results for different colors of chips. Not sure if that was because different colors are different material, or some other reason.

Also keep in mind that anyone that has not stamped a particular type of chip might need to practice to get it right. Pressure, etc has to be right. Maybe heat, but I'm not sure. I've seen some bad stamping where the die doesn't transfer well. Smearing, or even too light.

KingZilla

Two Pair
Reaction score
I read somewhere that Spinetti's does hot stamping. Contact them, they may be able to help you.

Psypher1000

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere that Spinetti's does hot stamping. Contact them, they may be able to help you.
I reached out to Spinettis about this very thing. They don't hotstamp chips that they didn't sell to you, nor do they do it after the order for the chips themselves is placed. They've also been having some trouble with their equipment lately and declining some hot stamp orders.

warewulf

Flush
Reaction score

I reached out to Spinettis about this very thing. They don't hotstamp chips that they didn't sell to you, nor do they do it after the order for the chips themselves is placed. They've also been having some trouble with their equipment lately and declining some hot stamp orders.
That's what I've found -- the few places that will do it, will only do it on chips you buy from them. It seems to be dying service because there's labor involved and it takes skill to do it correctly. All chips are different due to material and recess.

It's a shame because I like the way you can use it to liven up a chip or add a denom. Also like that you can still see the chip color through it vs. a label that covers up the chip color.

72o

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah...the market for clear labels to resemble hotstamps may be flooded soon.

ChipEnvy

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah...the market for clear labels to resemble hotstamps may be flooded soon.
That doesn't help people who want that look on TRK's. Like was stated before, no recess! Tommy, if you find a stamper, let me know, I am in need as well for some TRK stampage.

slisk250

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Add me to the list...I really want to create a custom Exit Only stamp and put it on about 200 Paulson chips. I'll mill the other hotstamps myself when I find the right chips to use.

72o

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There really is just so much at risk it seems. Even if the stamp takes and the chip's integrity is not compromised, i'd be worried about warping. I don't know i just couldnt found myself having precious chips ruined. I'll buy hotstamped chips any day of the week but to me it's not worth the risk to have older chips rehotstamped.

SixSpeedFury

Full House
Reaction score
I was planning on hot stamping a custom cash set to no avail. Chipshippie was my go to guy for clear labels but I feel he too has gotten out of the poker game. Hot stamping might have gone the way of ASM.

jbutler

Royal Flush
Reaction score
I was planning on hot stamping a custom cash set to no avail. Chipshippie was my go to guy for clear labels but I feel he too has gotten out of the poker game. Hot stamping might have gone the way of ASM.
monkeydog did a set of MGKs for me last year and i know is currently stamping some add-ons for courage's MD-50 312 set. he seems to be the only game in town at the moment, but i'm okay with that since he does excellent work. keep in mind he's a one-man hobby operation, though, and as noted above and elsewhere, it's a severely labor-intensive task, so you should be prepared to be patient.

BGinGA

Royal Flush
Tourney Director
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cory (cgraham86) recently resurfaced on CT. Dunno if he has an account here.

courage

Full House
Reaction score
monkeydog did a set of MGKs for me last year and i know is currently stamping some add-ons for courage's MD-50 312 set. he seems to be the only game in town at the moment, but i'm okay with that since he does excellent work. keep in mind he's a one-man hobby operation, though, and as noted above and elsewhere, it's a severely labor-intensive task, so you should be prepared to be patient.
This is me. Still being. Patient.

pokerpig

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They do, but not all chips can be hot-stamped (china clays or ceramics, for instance). No problem with hot-stamping ABS chips. Not sure if they have the right equipment for hot-stamping compression-molded clays.
Why can't china clays be hot stamped?

BGinGA

Royal Flush
Tourney Director
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They break under the pressure.

Top Bottom