Hot stamping question: Why Kingsley? (1 Viewer)

glynn

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
I've been looking back at some of the hot stamping journeys, and a common denominator is the Kingsley AM-101. It is the only machine I've seen mentioned, and it seems as if you can follow the possession of individual machines from stamper to stamper. The AM-101 comes recommended for poker chips, and machines that are in good condition are highly sought.

Is there a reason why this machine is sought out despite the availability of more modern alternatives? Is there something about the Kingsley that makes it more effective with poker chips, or is it just that we have more data and experiments logged with it?

Thank you for any insight!

I believe by having a system that uses a compressor you have more accurate and consistent pressure and dwell times. Those machines pictured look like they are manually operated relying on the operator's ability to apply the same pressure and timing on each stamp. It's hard enough to figure out what is needed for each type of item you're stamping much less trying to duplicate it by hand over and over. As far as I know The Kingsley 101 it's the nicest model out there.

This really just a guesstimate on my part fyi

If there’s going to be a local hot stamper, I have a limit set of 900 L molds that are crying for a stamp . . .

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom