Hot Stamping details now on website (1 Viewer)

This might be a stupid question, but can you hot-stamp a chip that has edge spots? Or does it have to be a plain chip?

This might be a stupid question, but can you hot-stamp a chip that has edge spots? Or does it have to be a plain chip?

Yes you can.
A 'plain' chip is one without inlays.
A chip without edge spots is a 'solid' not 'plain'

Hot Stamping is available on the following seven 39mm molds.
A-CREST, CIRCLE SQUARE, HORSEHEAD, JOCKEY, SCROLL

Scroll! :):cool:(y) :thumbsup:

Time to revise the email I'm composing to J5....

Now I just need to come up with a generic .25c hotstamp design... hmmm...

I still think we should get a PCF set of tourney hot stamp dies together, T25-25k and a non-denom. So 8 dies ~$800 split probably 15-20 ways would make feasible hot stamped solids at under ~$1.25/chip

It's official - @David Spragg hates me. I order my tourney set, and a week after I receive it he announces DG Tiger. I receive my cash set, and a few weeks later he announces hotstamping on the scroll mold is a go.

Gonna have to put these plans on the backburner for now...got a couple other irons in the fire. A hotstamped scroll mold set *will* be mine, though...oh yes...it will be mine.

It's official - @David Spragg hates me. I order my tourney set, and a week after I receive it he announces DG Tiger. I receive my cash set, and a few weeks later he announces hotstamping on the scroll mold is a go.

Gonna have to put these plans on the backburner for now...got a couple other irons in the fire. A hotstamped scroll mold set *will* be mine, though...oh yes...it will be mine.

Next time I will take away something you wanted just before you place your order :)

I still think we should get a PCF set of tourney hot stamp dies together, T25-25k and a non-denom. So 8 dies ~$800 split probably 15-20 ways would make feasible hot stamped solids at under ~$1.25/chip

If someone organises a group buy (proper group buy where one person orders, takes delivery and distributes) for 15,000 solids then we will pay for the dies.

If someone organises a group buy (proper group buy where one person orders, takes delivery and distributes) for 15,000 solids then we will pay for the dies.

You never fail to deliver, David. No idea if it will happen, but I appreciate you making the offer available!

How many dies do we get for 15000 chips?

@Psypher1000, he loves you, because you keep buying the things again after the announcements.

How many dies do we get for 15000 chips?

@Psypher1000, he loves you, because you keep buying the things again after the announcements.

The 8 that was suggested (although I only make it 7 - T25, T100, T500, T1000, T5000, T25000 and no value). Maybe a T5 also.

Also, as a group buy, the die setup charges on the order would only be $100 total rather than $50 - $100 per person ordering. So if you had 20 people in on it we would be giving up $2000.

In. All the chips would have to be on the same mold though, right?

They said in another thread that it won't happen as the HS machine or some other magic can only hold 39mm.

I don't know if you can answer this now David but can this be duplicated on a hot stamp? I really would only want the ship and anchor.

IMG_3447.JPG

So I'm trying to plan and save up for my next chip purchase. Then I remembered, you don't hotstamp MD50s.

That's still the case right?

It will always be the case. They are not flat enough. You might not be able to detect a 1/1000 inch variation yourself but our machine can.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom