Hot stamping days over? (2 Viewers)

SixSpeedFury

Full House
Reaction score
Don't really see much in that regard anymore when it comes to seeing custom sets. Is hot stamping a thing of the past?

I hope not. Love a good hotstamp set. I think the guys that do have the stamping machines aren't as activily doing it as much as the use to. (Could be wrong but you don't see much from them these days.)

CPC need to invest in one of these a charge a reasonable price for stamping and dies :) http://www.spartanics.com/products/malahide-e4-pk-poker-chip-machine

I would like to get one as something to do in my free time but it wouldn't get a lot of use. I doubt anyone's going to spend the postage costs to send them here to be stamped and sent back.

I wish there was still a go to guy. I have some TRK blanks I'd like to stamp if I could get a custom die made. One similar in design to that Hungry Frog set that was sold a few months ago.

i posted this in the other hotstamping thread last night (probably should merge these two threads):

monkeydog did a set of MGKs for me last year and i know is currently stamping some add-ons for courage's MD-50 312 set. he seems to be the only game in town at the moment, but i'm okay with that since he does excellent work. keep in mind he's a one-man hobby operation, though, and as noted above and elsewhere, it's a severely labor-intensive task, so you should be prepared to be patient.

Good news from cgraham86:

Yes, I'm still stamping - technically. The setup is in storage off my workbench because there hasn't been the magic combination of members with blanks, AND artwork lined up for die making to do any die ordering or stamping - until recently. There's a couple of people with some blanks that have contacted me and want dies made. Other hobbies or other business have taken over in the vacuum of no blanks, so I'm out of practice but willing to pick it up again if I get enough interest to get dies made.

That said - TRK's are near impossible to stamp by hand. The amount of heat and pressure really requires a machine or larger setup. I stamped 100 for Racer96 and just about broke my arm.

China clays cannot be stamped. They're way too brittle and simply break. If they're slugged then the material simply cracks and falls off. I have plenty of failed experiments if anyone wants proof.

As for BCC's versus ASM's. BCC's were a dream to stamp. I do still have some T-mold solid blanks in storage, but I don't really have a full rack of any color. ASMs can be tricky based on the mold, inlay depth and cross-hatching, but most dies can be stamped with a bit of work.

cgraham86 did these for me awhile back...

They came out "GREAT" and I couldn't be happier.....

Enjoy the Pic's......

Attachments

• 1st of 5 Sets I am keeping ASM Cir-Sq 004.JPG
    1st of 5 Sets I am keeping ASM Cir-Sq 004.JPG
    198.6 KB · Views: 277
  • 1st of 5 Sets I am keeping ASM Cir-Sq 005.JPG
    1st of 5 Sets I am keeping ASM Cir-Sq 005.JPG
    203.9 KB · Views: 263
  • 1st of 5 Sets I am keeping ASM Cir-Sq 006.JPG
    1st of 5 Sets I am keeping ASM Cir-Sq 006.JPG
    208.1 KB · Views: 249
  • 1st of 5 Sets I am keeping ASM Cir-Sq 007.JPG
    1st of 5 Sets I am keeping ASM Cir-Sq 007.JPG
    189.7 KB · Views: 271
  • 1st of 5 Sets I am keeping ASM Cir-Sq 008.JPG
    1st of 5 Sets I am keeping ASM Cir-Sq 008.JPG
    235.4 KB · Views: 263
  • 1st of 5 Sets I am keeping ASM Cir-Sq 003.JPG
    1st of 5 Sets I am keeping ASM Cir-Sq 003.JPG
    177.4 KB · Views: 252
So if I use a drill press to clean some lets say, Starbursts, I could get them hotstamped!!?? At least if I don't mind long waits or lots of cost?

Just be careful with the dust (lead-content) when milling out the center recess area, and don't go any deeper than absolutely necessary. Prepare extra chips for stamping to account for wastage caused by failed stamps or broken chips.

Does anyone know if the T-molds that are on holdempokerchips.com are actually in stock? I just have a hard time believing that this long after BCC went out that they would still have that much inventory.

I'm having trouble finding a suitable drill bit online for milling. I'd like 1", 7/8", and 1 1/16" if possible. Then any hot-stamped Paulsons are in my crosshairs for labels. I'd like to have some fun with some laminated labels that are deep enough to avoid spinners. Anybody know where to find a set of flat bottom chisel bits for chips in these sizes?

Does anyone know if the T-molds that are on holdempokerchips.com are actually in stock? I just have a hard time believing that this long after BCC went out that they would still have that much inventory.

Plenty on stock left James! I have been going back and forth with Patton on other subjects but the solids came up and he has plenty left, all colors! :)

I'm having trouble finding a suitable drill bit online for milling. I'd like 1", 7/8", and 1 1/16" if possible. Then any hot-stamped Paulsons are in my crosshairs for labels. I'd like to have some fun with some laminated labels that are deep enough to avoid spinners. Anybody know where to find a set of flat bottom chisel bits for chips in these sizes?

There's a great thread on milling over on the Chiptalk site. It has a lot of pictures and descriptions and links. I read it and really understood the whole process way better than I did before.

That's correct Slisk... I'm still contemplating a custom HS on those chips now that cgrahan86 has resurfaced... He's a great stamper... I got a sample set last week and for the life of me I can't decide which colors to use for a tourney set!

I don't remember where but Corey mentioned it was a dream to stamp those T-molds...

That's correct Slisk... I'm still contemplating a custom HS on those chips now that cgrahan86 has resurfaced... He's a great stamper... I got a sample set last week and for the life of me I can't decide which colors to use for a tourney set!

I don't remember where but Corey mentioned it was a dream to stamp those T-molds...

SOAB! Damn, now i need to decide how many to buy.

SOAB! Damn, now i need to decide how many to buy.

Hahaha, I feel your pain!!

Do you have a sample set of those? If not, I highly recommend you get one to check the colors out... If I had decided my colors I could send you mine, but I haven't yet :( You're in the US already right? I think it's wroth it to see those in person before pulling the trigger...

I'm 95% there Slisk... I wish I could give you and James 100% commitment but there are a couple of things I need to move around to make it work for sure... It's looking REALLY good though!

I have about 1300 Paulson solids that I've been meaning to sell. Just too lazy to post an ad. Moving them cheap. PM if anyone is interested

Last edited:

These are my T molds hot stamped by Corey using his stock die.

I chose sherbert green/charcoal grey/purple/hot pink/arc yellow. Don't really like my breakdown. Bought these before I u derstood breakdowns properly. I need to expand or just sell this set!

Gorgeous!!!!

These are my T molds hot stamped by Corey using his stock die.

I chose sherbert green/charcoal grey/purple/hot pink/arc yellow. Don't really like my breakdown. Bought these before I u derstood breakdowns properly. I need to expand or just sell this set!

Should have mention that mynPaulson solids have had the hotstamps removed. Best for a resurface/relabel project

Michael owns the T-mold, so everything BCC made on that mold went to holdempokerchips, and he had to meet some pretty big minimum numbers back in the day. I'd be very surprised if he didn't have ample quantities remaining of all 18 colors.

If you are considering a hot-stamped solids set, I highly recommend getting T-mold samples. They are easily my second- or third-favorite mold of all time in terms of feel (behind th&c and on par with diasqr). Some great BCC colors, too.

Michael owns the T-mold, so everything BCC made on that mold went to holdempokerchips, and he had to meet some pretty big minimum numbers back in the day. I'd be very surprised if he didn't have ample quantities remaining of all 18 colors.

If you are considering a hot-stamped solids set, I highly recommend getting T-mold samples. They are easily my second- or third-favorite mold of all time in terms of feel (behind th&c and on par with diasqr). Some great BCC colors, too.

Would you stop already! I'm having great difficulty getting away from this.

That's good news. There are some amazing colors for sure. It'd be a good opportunity to integrate a T5 into a set of solid hot stamps.

Good news from cgraham86:

Yes, I'm still stamping - technically. The setup is in storage off my workbench because there hasn't been the magic combination of members with blanks, AND artwork lined up for die making to do any die ordering or stamping - until recently. There's a couple of people with some blanks that have contacted me and want dies made. Other hobbies or other business have taken over in the vacuum of no blanks, so I'm out of practice but willing to pick it up again if I get enough interest to get dies made.

That said - TRK's are near impossible to stamp by hand. The amount of heat and pressure really requires a machine or larger setup. I stamped 100 for Racer96 and just about broke my arm.

China clays cannot be stamped. They're way too brittle and simply break. If they're slugged then the material simply cracks and falls off. I have plenty of failed experiments if anyone wants proof.

As for BCC's versus ASM's. BCC's were a dream to stamp. I do still have some T-mold solid blanks in storage, but I don't really have a full rack of any color. ASMs can be tricky based on the mold, inlay depth and cross-hatching, but most dies can be stamped with a bit of work.

Hello,
I read your post and see you're a pro at stamping :)
I need assistance, I live in Europe and would like to create my own custom made poker chips. I've been told to buy the blank chips at pokerchipswholesale and then find a labelling device but:
1- what chip should I go for? I want the cheapest + an average chip which you think is OK.
2-Where the hell do I find a labelling device? (I want to put a photo on both sides)

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom