Hot stamping days over? (1 Viewer)

Hey @jamesbarrington, welcome aboard! I'll answer your questions as best as I can.

1- I'm not the pro at hot stamping lol. @cgraham86 was the one that helped me out with my set. I think you should e-mail him regarding your hot stamping questions. That being said, I believe there are European hot stampers as well. Maybe some of the other PCFers can confirm that. That can help save you a lot of money.

2- As far as chips, the golden rule of this website for memebers attempting their first foray into the world of chips is to get samples. That way you'll know which chips best fits your tastes.

3- @Gear can help you out with the labeling. He has produced awesome labels for some members here.

There are many designers on this forum as well that can help you with coming up with ideas for your design. Hope I helped!

Hello,
I read your post and see you're a pro at stamping :)
I need assistance, I live in Europe and would like to create my own custom made poker chips. I've been told to buy the blank chips at pokerchipswholesale and then find a labelling device but:
1- what chip should I go for? I want the cheapest + an average chip which you think is OK.
2-Where the hell do I find a labelling device? (I want to put a photo on both sides)

Thanks

Interjecting, here.

If you want stamping done, you will need a custom die made, and stamping is usually done with a metallic-colour foil. You can't recreate a photo on that.
What you might be looking for is to print custom labels that you can stick inside a recess of a blank chip. Check out Gear Labels in the vendor section for website links. All sorts of graphics, including photo sources, can be printed on a label, laminated or unlaminated.
You'll need a suitable blank chip to apply the labels to (yes, by hand). I think for lowest cost, many people here have tried Milano blanks or Majestic blanks, although there are likely others that are suitable (other China clays). They can be gotten from Apache Poker Chips, but you might have to wait for some stock.

If you want stamping done, you will need a custom die made, and stamping is usually done with a metallic-colour foil. You can't recreate a photo on that.
I don’t know about that. I’ve seen some pretty life like horses in HS form before

9D6ABD86-1A61-4424-9FD4-457A0F9617BC.jpeg

It can be done, but it can't be a complex design or else it would produce a lot of error chips.

These are my T molds hot stamped by Corey using his stock die.

I chose sherbert green/charcoal grey/purple/hot pink/arc yellow. Don't really like my breakdown. Bought these before I u derstood breakdowns properly. I need to expand or just sell this set!

I love old threads. @RichMahogany, I bought these from you later in 2015 and you’ll be happy to know that Corey finished the stamping as well as added some more to make the breakdown a little more playable. The blues became $25k and added yellow bounty chips.

2909203E-37DF-4AE2-A866-F1A506CE76AC.jpeg

Thank you very much Allforcharity and SixSpeedfury, really appreciate it.
What would be the best site to buy blank chips to then label?
Does it make sense for me to buy the labels and get them printed and stuck on by myself or would you use a company like chiplab.com , www.apachepokerchips.com/product-category/custom-poker-chips/ or thepokerdepot.com/custom-poker-chips ???

I think a lot of people here have used Apache for Milano and Majestic blanks, but there are other types of blank chips available from other dealers as long as they have a deep enough recess to hold a label. I don't know if companies will print and stick the labels on for you (assuming you buy the blank chips from them, too). Whether you should do it yourself will depend on if you want to spend the time. Other people have done it and it doesn't seem hard to do.

I do not necessarily recommend you print your own labels. There are people with professional equipment that will produce very nice colour on a durable label that will work much better than an inkjet/laser on paper.

I think a lot of people here have used Apache for Milano and Majestic blanks, but there are other types of blank chips available from other dealers as long as they have a deep enough recess to hold a label. I don't know if companies will print and stick the labels on for you (assuming you buy the blank chips from them, too). Whether you should do it yourself will depend on if you want to spend the time. Other people have done it and it doesn't seem hard to do.

I do not necessarily recommend you print your own labels. There are people with professional equipment that will produce very nice colour on a durable label that will work much better than an inkjet/laser on paper.

Hey allforcharity, you state: "There are people with professional equipment that will produce very nice colour on a durable label that will work much better than an inkjet/laser on paper." any suggestions?

Thank you!!!

Hey allforcharity, you state: "There are people with professional equipment that will produce very nice colour on a durable label that will work much better than an inkjet/laser on paper." any suggestions?

Thank you!!!

When it comes to getting labels printed it starts and ends with @Gear as far as I'm concerned.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom