Hot Stamped Bourbon CPC's (1 Viewer)

detroitdad

Royal Flush
Reaction score
This has been in the works for a year or so. @p5woody did the design for me awhile back, but between Covid and me impulsively buying chipsets I didn't have the funds. Well, I've sold off a few things here and there. I'm ready to move forward with this project.

If @AK Chip can stamp the Jockey mold, that's what I would like this to be on. The other mold options I'm considering is the Horse Head mold and the scrown mold.

Everything is mostly locked up. I'd be remiss to not listen to what some of the creative chippers have to say. Feel free to make some slight tweaks and/or post your thoughts.

As @mike32 said too me. Now I'll have to have custom glencairn glasses made.

Thanks for looking,

B

jockey.png

Very good idea. I 'd prefer the top version. No need for the more expensive bottom $20.
And @BruceWayne beat me to it. Probably DG Yellow on the $5 or silver stamps throughout?

I should have said that the gold color is just a placement. I'll leave the color of the foil up to Pat. Were leaning towards silver or copper.

holy cow that $1

I'm not a fan of the other denoms, but my tastes are unusual. I guess what I'm saying is that at this table I'd be the guy who hoards all the blinds chips.

holy cow that $1

I'm not a fan of the other denoms, but my tastes are unusual. I guess what I'm saying is that at this table I'd be the guy who hoards all the blinds chips.

The one was the first chip that I locked in place. I love the black one and yellow 5 combo.

You know, for a bourbon-themed set, I can see that working pretty well. Still kinda iffy on the higher denoms, but yeah, I get it.

You know, for a bourbon-themed set, I can see that working pretty well. Still kinda iffy on the higher denoms, but yeah, I get it.

When I built my other sets I forced myself to keep budget restraints in place. Lower levels for the small denoms, and really, never going above a level 4. This time I decided that I'm going to do whatever I like. Screw the budget. Now saying that. I still don't want 500 level 11 chips lol. I also didn't feel the need to start at level 1 either.

I love a 4 color tri moon chip. Its one of my favorite colors/edge spots. Might as well make it my workhorse chip and put 200 of them on the table right from the get go!

To me, tri-moon looks a bit out of place with the rest.

Maybe a touch, but I love it so damn much that its a must to kick things off in the line up. Plus I think the black base and the canary base work well together. I looked at a ton of spot/color options for the 5. Outside of this I couldn't find anything that I liked. Trust me when I say I tried a lot of options lol

That's why I posted it as a consideration. However, the primary re buy chip in my sets is the 20/25. I kind of want it to be "loud" when it hits the table.
Its loud enough lol the first version I feel like takes away from the hundo a little bit, the second version allows for a nice break in the spot style

Thanks for the responses and feedback. If you hate it, feel free to say so. I won't be offended at all. If you hate it, tell me why, and what you would change. I probably won't listen, lol, but you never know.

Its loud enough lol the first version I feel like takes away from the hundo a little bit, the second version allows for a nice break in the spot style

Absolutely makes perfect sense. With my games the hundreds see the table on the rarest of occasions. With that in mind. I don't worry too much about the spot progression/flow past the re buy chip (guess I should have shared that in the OP, sorry). If this was a tourney set. I would make this change in a heartbeat.

Absolutely makes perfect sense. With my games the hundreds see the table on the rarest of occasions. With that in mind. I don't worry too much about the spot progression/flow past the re buy chip (guess I should have shared that in the OP, sorry). If this was a tourney set. I would make this change in a heartbeat.
Totally get it, and for the record, I really love the tri moon. Maybe if anything I'd change the 5 but not needed

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom