Hot Stamp as a label? (1 Viewer)

i'm nobody

Flush
Reaction score
Would it be possible (or even allowable) to mill some THC's and apply one of @Gear's labels that appeared to be a hot stamp?
Has anyone tried this? I love the look and feel of hot stamps but if you wanted to build a set without having to search and search for the right chips, how do you think the overall look would come out? I have been throwing around the idea but I need to get my cash set completed first before I can start thinking about another set.
Curious what the members think. And I would love to see some examples if someone has attempted it.

I've thought about doing gold ink printed labels under an overlaminate to emulate hotstamps, but unsure how they'd turn out. Any even more complex option that would need to be tested out would be to mill, apply a blank laminated label printed to color match the base and then attempt to hotstamp that label...not sure if you could dial it in, but I think @AK Chip needs to try it out! haha

I've thought about doing gold ink printed labels under an overlaminate to emulate hotstamps, but unsure how they'd turn out. Any even more complex option that would need to be tested out would be to mill, apply a blank laminated label printed to color match the base and then attempt to hotstamp that label...not sure if you could dial it in, but I think @AK Chip needs to try it out! haha
I would probably want to get the chips milled, send examples to @Gear, see if he can colour match the base and go from there.

Would it be possible (or even allowable) to mill some THC's and apply one of @Gear's labels that appeared to be a hot stamp?
Has anyone tried this? I love the look and feel of hot stamps but if you wanted to build a set without having to search and search for the right chips, how do you think the overall look would come out? I have been throwing around the idea but I need to get my cash set completed first before I can start thinking about another set.
Curious what the members think. And I would love to see some examples if someone has attempted it.

Gear has said that it doesn't work very well, so he does not recommend it. I trust his professional opinion.

Seems to me that a faux hotstamp label would just look like a really boring inlay. Take the time to source the chips and get them stamped, it's worth it.

This is the only one I could find

768F4F30-20CE-45FE-8FC2-A82ACEAF6FDE.jpeg
B0403C93-332B-4F6B-B75C-C5944317E20E.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom