Host often or large? What do you do with decks? (1 Viewer)

At the stake level we were playing the players have a right to, and wanted to, see the decks opened and all cards accounted for. While the cost of a new set up was nominal compared to the game, when u see all the decks stacked up in the storage room after a year u certainly cringe a bit.
I’m really glad you explained this. I was wondering why the hell someone used a brand new set up every time they played!

But big stakes I can understand it.

I’m really glad you explained this. I was wondering why the hell someone used a brand new set up every time they played!

But big stakes I can understand it.
Yeah. New set up each night. I keep old decks to replace damaged cards or for when my son wants to play with his friends. I will say stuff still can happen..... one night years ago we played half the night without the ace of spades ...... it was still in the box...... awkward moment for sure. Haha.

I give most of my old decks to the card room at my golf/tennis club.

If some of the cards in a deck are damaged beyond usability, I break those decks down into sets of four cards of a single denomination or two pair, and give them to tennis and golf players to keep in their bags for drawing to determine pairings for play: red aces vs. black aces, kings vs. queens, etc.

(This is done in honor of a really good guy in our tennis group who always carried four aces around with him for just this purpose, until he passed away four years ago....)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom