• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine Horseshoes and Business101101 (1 Viewer)

ReallyGoodUsername

Royal Flush
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Can’t believe I’m saying it but I’m so over seeing horseshoe sales on eBay :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

46B9A731-49AF-437F-A621-7D85F8D0F889.png

Is the seller the same member on here who had an entire set of them? Aka they’ll continue to be auctioned off for like another 2 years?

I’ve bought from him a bit. Not a member here. I’ve tried to buy in bulk... he doesn’t even respond. No idea how he got the chips... I think he has a ton... crazy high denoms too... always has a consistent buyer too. I’ve sometimes thought that he might have a shill bidder.

I’ve bought from him a bit. Not a member here. I’ve tried to buy in bulk... he doesn’t even respond. No idea how he got the chips... I think he has a ton... crazy high denoms too... always has a consistent buyer too. I’ve sometimes thought that he might have a shill bidder.
Congrats on the purchase and thank you for making sure they stayed together ! Yeah I always got outbid whether the I was winning at $2.50 with a few seconds left or $8 so who knows. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: Possibly just one motivated buyer who uses auto bid sites.

I had heard the chips are with a member of the BInion family.

Exactly, I always get outbid on the $1000 chip. Eventually, I'll get a winning bid in that is a fair price.

Congrats on the purchase and thank you for making sure they stayed together ! Yeah I always got outbid whether the I was winning at $2.50 with a few seconds left or $8 so who knows. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: Possibly just one motivated buyer who uses auto bid sites.

Same story. Have tried to get some at reasonable prices but always sniped last second. Always go for the bare minimum over my highest bid. Barely try anymore.

I did some statistical analysis on the sales of his THC Binion's single prices about a year ago, and I came to the same conclusion. I'm pretty confident he has a shill bidding account.

Binion stored all old chips at his ranch house. When he died, all the chips went to a family friend.

I’m pretty sure he’s been selling the same chips for years, literally. The prices have always been a little suspect, but maybe there’s a bidder that’s putting together one heck of a sweet, pricey set.

Being sold by a family member that has the hoard. Won't sell in sets or bulk. S/he isn't chatty but was very nice to sell me the singles I wanted at a low price after I kept getting sniped.
We use "grail set" pretty loosely here but that '87 set is the real deal!

Last edited:
I bought several dovetail 50 cent hot stamps off him/her. Several different bidders jacked up th price, but I think they were legit...

I’d love to see that someone is putting together. The Bud Jones set @nezara has might be the GOAT.

Binion stored all old chips at his ranch house. When he died, all the chips went to a family friend.

Sounds very believable. The Binion brother who was murdered was said to have basically taken fresh hi denom chips and cashed them in at the cage on a regular basis. I think that was in "Positively Fifth Street."

From what i recall is that the seller was the nephew of Becky Behnen (Benny Binnion's youngest daughter). Strange he was selling those cracked $500s on the horseshoe mold. Wonder if he is running out of that denom.

I did some statistical analysis on the sales of his THC Binion's single prices about a year ago, and I came to the same conclusion. I'm pretty confident he has a shill bidding account.

Frustration bump. I've been trying to land some of these for several months. Always get outbid at the last second, always from an account with the same feedback (834), always second highest bidder.

Is someone building something crazy here or is he just buying his own chips? I get having a shill account to bump these up in price but in the long term is it even worth it to the seller?

I am 1000% convinced that they are using a shill bidder and/or auto bid service for the reasons listed above. If you check bid history, I bet the high bidder has 95-100% of their bids on the same seller. All within minutes.

I had been trying for the 500 and 100 Fat Hats for a few weeks. Always outbid at the last second. But for whatever reason I was able to win both tonight with reasonable bids made 15 minutes before the end. There were no last second bids tonight for some reason. Maybe they forgot to flip the switch on the auto bidder. But I feel $27 shipped for both is a decent deal.

I am 1000% convinced that they are using a shill bidder and/or auto bid service for the reasons listed above. If you check bid history, I bet the high bidder has 95-100% of their bids on the same seller. All within minutes.

I had been trying for the 500 and 100 Fat Hats for a few weeks. Always outbid at the last second. But for whatever reason I was able to win both tonight with reasonable bids made 15 minutes before the end. There were no last second bids tonight for some reason. Maybe they forgot to flip the switch on the auto bidder. But I feel $27 shipped for both is a decent deal.

I'm going after the Bud Jones WSOP chips and was not as lucky as you. Glad someone got what they needed!

I have only been able to grab 1 of the 4 chips I needed, the 10k Pink BJ chip that I probably over payed for.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom