Horseshoe Tournament (CPC) pr0n! (1 Viewer)

Finished oiling both sets half an hour ago.
Got quite late already, I don't think I want to screw around with setting up a photo shoot this night.

I made some sweet pics during oiling though...

_DSC0060r=2048w.jpg

_DSC0061r=2048w.jpg

_DSC0058r=2048w.jpg

_DSC0062r=2048w.jpg

_DSC0059r=2048w.jpg

_DSC0063r=2048w.jpg

_DSC0066r=2048w.jpg

Quick question, @Nex were you surprised at how glossy the FDL inlays are in person? If I recall correctly, your earlier custom set was on H-mold, which has more texture and probably a bit less reflective shine. I had seen a comment or two on PCF about how glossy the inlays are on FDL, but that rarely seems to come through in photos (perhaps because people try to photograph from angles that minimize the reflections on the inlays). In your starting stack photos, for example, the pics almost make the inlays look matte. I can see a bit of the gloss in your photos of the 5k and 5 chips above. But when I received my FDL chips I realized that they are genuinely, legitimately glossy finished.

I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing, and in fact I think many players might perceive it as adding to the "professional" quality of the chips. But I can see how some chipheads find it offputting, and I was curious about your take.

FDL is very glossy, but I wasn't surprised about that.
I had an inlaid sample and that one was the same - exactly what I was looking for. (modern Paulson inlays are glossy too, which was what I wanted to imitate)

Reflections were sort of unlucky in a couple of pics, yes, but unfortunately I had no chance to move the light source in those cases and other angles would have caused a crazy amount of extra work.

Wow, you really don't do anything half way. Great set and I love the starting stack photos.

Reactions: Nex
Did some more editing (lint, colors) to produce a bunch of nice desktop wallpapers in case anyone wants.
I didn't bother to do anything else but the pixel dimensions I need for my own screens though.

Download the respective ZIP files if you want to use them, as direct image uploads are downsized in this forum.

horseshoe_rackarray_vanishing_uv_16r10_2560x1600.jpg

horseshoe_rackarray_diagonal_uv_16r10_2560x1600.jpg

Attachments

• horseshoe_rackarray_vanishing_uv_16r10_2560x1600.jpg.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 127
  • horseshoe_rackarray_diagonal_uv_16r10_2560x1600.jpg.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 110
Received seating label replacements today.

Originally my plan was to replace the inlays on both sides of each chip, but then figured I'd be forced to use some kind of opaque bag then to hand them out - whereas if I only replaced one side, I could just drop them all face down on the table and shuffle them around there and everyone can just pick up a random chip. So for starters these only have the seating info on one side and kept the generic Horseshoe inlay on the other side.

_DSC0353r=2048w.jpg

After oiling
_DSC0354r=2048w.jpg

_DSC0355r=2048w.jpg

Brutal slaughter of thirty factory-dusty CPCs! Do not view if you have a weak stomach.
_DSC0347r=2048w.jpg_DSC0348r=2048w.jpg_DSC0349r=2048w.jpg_DSC0350r=2048w.jpg_DSC0351r=2048w.jpg_DSC0352r=2048w.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom