Hoping to attempt first table build help needed... (1 Viewer)

Pokerdweebz

Straight
Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all,

I've been wanting a 9' table with a dealer cutout and extras for a while now, but don't want to drop $800+ for a custom and I'm looking for a little higher quality than the Chinese knockout tables for <$500.

What I'm looking for:

44" x 96" for 10 players + dealer (correct size?)
No racetrack, no raised rail
10 cup holders in 6"? rail
Standard size dealer cutout with rack and 1-2 drop boxes (opinions on 1-2?)
American SSC (is it possible to put a betting line on this?)/Open to other materials with betting line at similar price point
Folding legs (keep costs down, can be put away)

Resources:
Rail foam: http://www.yourautotrim.com/1x54x1060hdr.html
Table foam: http://www.yourautotrim.com/1thevaclcefo.html

Questions:

Where can I find plans for this kind of build? (dealer cutout size, where to start the curve in the table, etc.)
How do you mark where you need to cut the plywood?
Thickness of rail and table foam?
To insert rack and drop slits do you just cut a slit/X in the cloth until it sits properly? What is the process?

High Level Steps:

1) Purchase items needed: 2 pieces plywood (5/8th thick?), cloth, vinyl for rail, foam (rail + table), cup holders, folding legs, dealer rack, drop box(es), drop slit(s), and staples/screws/bolts/glue/etc.
2) Measure the rail from one of the pieces of plywood (how?) and mark where to cut. How to layout cup holders?
3) Cut the rail, spray glue the foam, spray glue then staple the vinyl
4) Cut Xs in the vinyl where the cup holders will be until they sit tightly in the rail
5) Measure the table and mark where to cut on the second piece of plywood
6) Cut the table (Where to put rack + drop slits?) and spray glue foam
7) Lineup and spray glue cloth down, staple cloth down, cut out/cut X in cloth for rack+slits?
8) Attach legs to bottom of table (do I want to use the rest of the plywood from the rail to support the base Chanman style? Cut holes out of that for rack and slits as well?)
9) Attach rail to table (how?)
10) Success?

I know most of this stuff has been asked a million times, but I appreciate any and all help.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom